Bought a new Mesa 20 20 and the knobs are broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a new Mesa 20 20 and the knobs are broken

Can you believe this! I just spent over 600 on a new Mesa and when I get home and try it ,the left side presence and volume just spin while the right side stop at 0 and 10 . I thought maybe the allen screws were loose but they're not. Anyone encounter this before. I gotta drive an hour now to go back and change it for another. It was in a sealed mesa box too so maybe they dropped it or the QC at Mesa is slippin. Damn [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Re: Bought a new Mesa 20 20 and the knobs are broken

I bought my Mesa brand new, and it was all noisey and shit when I got it home, turned out cathode biasing was off.

Could have happened on the way home, and I too had to drive a fuggin hour to see the store, then an hour to the techs, and hour home, and back to the techs, which took another hour.

Sucked ass.

Comment

Can you ship it to the store ??

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A:
        Can you believe this! I just spent over 600 on a new Mesa
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">$600 for a Mesa 20/20?! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Yikes, I listed one for sale at $350 and had no interest at all. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I know exactly what happened to it because myself and Matt at Matt's Music experienced the same thing on one I bought from him. A shipper dropped the package on it's face and blasted the pots out. The pots on those are extremely fragile. If you opened it up I bet you would see that the spindle is pushed clear through the back contact portion of the pot.
          We must!
          We must!
          We must increase the bust!
          The bigger the better!
          The tighter the sweater!
          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

$600 for a mesa 20/20 seems out of hand.

Comment

Hey Fritz you still selling? Reason I'm asking is I called the store and they want to ship it to get fixed instead of giving me a new one . Can you believe that a brand new one and I gotta have it fixed. I'm bringing it back for a full refund and going to write a nasty letter to Mesa and the NorthEast Sales manager who hooked me up with this store. Anyway I might be interested in yours Fritz I'll let you know tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A:
                I'm bringing it back for a full refund and going to write a nasty letter to Mesa and the NorthEast Sales manager who hooked me up with this store.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wouldn't be pissed at Mesa, though. I'm sure it didn't leave their facility in the condition it's in. Like was said by Chris, it probably got tossed around and dropped while in transit. I'd ask Mesa nicely what the deal is with the dealer and why you can't just get a new one or if that's their policy. If the dealer just doesn't want to give you a new one and is giving you a hassle, let Mesa know, and they'll take care of the guy.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks guys I wrote to the NE sales Manager and he ripped their heads off trying to get me to go for warranty work so to make a long story short I got me another 1 and everything is perfect. It wasn't Mesa like toejam said it was the store trying to pull a fast 1 . Either way I'm happy with it now thanks everyone. And 600 was for a new in box 1 not a used 1. They are now 700 new as they went up 100 dollars Feb 1 .So I got in before the hike thru a guy at the Hollywood store.

Comment

Cool. Glad it worked out for ya! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X