Vetta: Keep it or throw it back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vetta: Keep it or throw it back?

It works really well with the Rocktron Midimate too. (I already had one.) In control(?) mode, you can use the top row of buttons to flip the stomp boxes on and off.

One of the first lessons I learned about making patches for the Vetta is that when I use two amp models, it works better if they have the same attack and decay characteristics. Some of the factory patches sound really goofy because one amp sustains longer than the other one or one is much "tighter" than the other. It was when I figured that out thatI started getting really good sounds out of it.

I'd guess that it doesn't get along with speakers that have a really distinctive character like vintage 30s and greenbacks, but most others are probably fine. I played it through a 1960B at GC before I bought it to make sure it was working and it sounded muddy and screwed up. Now I have it plugged into my Mesa half-back (the one with the metal grill) which tends to be a very bright cab. If I roll off the master treble control a hair, the Vetta sounds good with that cab.

What do the rest of the Vetta-heads around here hook them up to?

[ February 06, 2004, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: ElectricPhase ]
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Working...
    X