fx loop problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fx loop problems

hey guys on my XXL the fx loop works on all the heavy channels but not on the clean ? does this sound like some factory mistake ? it really sucks for having no chorus on the clean channel when going through the fx loop , so I have to run everything through the front to use my chorus properly [I only use it on the clean channel] . well I was wondering if this was some mistake from peavey to begin with , if I sent it away for warrentty repair I would have nothing to play on for a while , anyway the clean channel is on the same foot switch as the bypass ? would this be the problem ? and do I have to get this re wired , or should I just run my X V-AMP footboard through the front when I get it ? thanks //Steve

Re: fx loop problems

Nah man that loop should work for both channels. I've never heard of an amp that didn't give you the ability to fx loop all channels. Do you have a schematic in the manual that shows you where in the path the loop should be?
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

I looked at the manual for an XXL head. Not sure if yours is that or one of the combos. But anyhow it looks like it has an effects loops that is switchable. And a standard loop that takes the preamp output and power amp input. If yours has these two different features and you are using the switchable effects loop maybe there is something funky with the footswitch that doesn't have the clean channel working. My suggestion would be to try the preamp out and power amp in loop and see if they all work that way. That will narrow it down to something in the switchable effects loop anyhow. Then you can go from there.
      We must!
      We must!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1:
        I looked at the manual for an XXL head. Not sure if yours is that or one of the combos. But anyhow it looks like it has an effects loops that is switchable. And a standard loop that takes the preamp output and power amp input. If yours has these two different features and you are using the switchable effects loop maybe there is something funky with the footswitch that doesn't have the clean channel working. My suggestion would be to try the preamp out and power amp in loop and see if they all work that way. That will narrow it down to something in the switchable effects loop anyhow. Then you can go from there.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thanks man thats what I thought I wondered why it would only work on 2 of my 3 channels , also it's the 100 watt head that I have , I got that cheap ass dual fuction 3 channel footswitch I wonder if theres something wrong in there , on the foot switch the clean channel is also the bypass switch ? weird hey I wonder it they gave me the wrong switch , Daves XXX has this awesome huge metal footswitch for his head so i asked peavey if they had one for the XXL head , like a upgrade for my head kinda ? anyway as of this year yes they do maybe that will help a bit ? but this really pisses me off cause I almost never use fx on my heavy channels except delay and my be some wah for solos , but I use it all the time for the clean and chorus/delay thing . anyway thanks Soloist1 for the info cause I can't read wiring shit worth a damn lol [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

...also it does have 2 settings for the fx loop but on the clean it still doesn't work //Steve

Comment

Yeah sounds like one f'ed up controller. If it was only the clean channel that worked you'd be golden. Sounds like you have my luck and its the other way around though.
            We must!
            We must!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1:
              Yeah sounds like one f'ed up controller. If it was only the clean channel that worked you'd be golden. Sounds like you have my luck and its the other way around though.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wish I knew if it was the controler though , I've been busy with my new job so I haven't been able to go to daves place [1 hour away] to check it out [foot controler]//Steve

Comment

sorry to bring back your old post but i have a xxl with a metal footswitch and the loop work fine with all 3 channel,my gest is that your problem is your cheap footswitch,you shoud buy a metal one...if your problem as been solve sorry to be late... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X