Hey Soloist1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Soloist1

Have you ever tried the voodu valve thru your 20 20? Also did you ever do a side by side between the VV and the sp77? I just got a VV and thinking of picking up an sp77 as well and wanted to hear if there is a need for both or can the VV do the 80's thing as good as the sp77.

Re: Hey Soloist1

Haven't tried the Voodu Valve with it. Just a Soldano sp77, a CAE 3+ and and ART SGX2000. The 20/20 lends a lot of great power tube overdrive to all of them but they definitely sound different. About as heavy as the sp77 will get for 80's tones is a Queensryche type tone. If you try to push the gain higher it will start sounding flabby. Great Lynch and DeGarmo/Wilton tones though. You can even get 80's rock type tones also. Stuff that isn't as heavy like Journey and what have you. I can get a bit of a more metal sound with it by using my Roctron ProQ though. But it's pretty much 80's hot rodded Marshall tone and that's it. Typical Soldano.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Thanks If I can get one off the bay for 300 or so I'll grab it. It looks extremely simple to use and I can play with that and then tweak the VV when I'm not in the mood to play for long sessions. That VV can take a ton of time to tweak but I know its worth it but instead of getting frustrated I'll tweak for a while then plug in the sp77 to play and then the next day tweak and so on. You know I'm mainly using it to keep myself from going nuts trying to tweak till I'm satisfied. Then when I finally get my tone I'll just resell it unless I end up liking it too. Thanks again.Sounds a little crazy but I don't want to spend too much time tweaking and less time playing so I'll just do some each day and not throw the VV against the wall.

Comment

Well the sp77 is definitely simple. And just the preamp and power amp sound great together with nothing else in between.
        We must!
        We must!
        We must increase the bust!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!
        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Working...
        X