Cable question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable question

I'm planning to upgrade cables. However there seems to have only three choices for me since I'm in a quite isolated city. One of them is the Fender Pro Tone. I can find it brandnew, but the price is at about $70 for 12ft. Another choice is Monster Prolink 500 rock cable. But in fact I can't find it now, I listed it in my choice list just because one of my friend had occasionally found it in second-handed market before. If I wait long enough probably I can find it again. The price is great, usually around $10 for 12ft as it's second-handed. But I have doubt on its quality because, as you know, these stuffs have life-time warranty. Then why some people threw them into second-handed market? The 3rd choice is Planet Wave. Its most high-class product is at half of the price of Fender Pro Tone. But they're made in China and I've never heard Planet Wave as a major cable company before. In short, I'd like you guys help me with the following question:

1) Does Fender Pro Tone worths its price? i.e. Can it compare to Monster Prolink 1000 series?

2) Will the Monster 500 surpass Fender Pro Tone when playing metal in live gigs?

3) Can Planet Wave compare to the above two? And is its CIRCUIT BREAKER durable?

Thanks in advance. Any please don't recomment other choices cause you must remember that I'm in a isolated city. (So isolated that there're totally only 5 real die-hard metal fans here!)

Re: Cable question

Planet Waves is owned by J. D'Addario & Co. Inc. who also makes the famed D'Addario instrument strings (perhaps you've heard of them now).

Monster has a reputation of being the best, along with George L. cables, as far as I know.

Comment

i would go with the prolink 500. if it ever fails you can take it to any dealer store and replace it on the spot and its quality is really good. i've never compared it to the fender pro tone but i know it blows planet waves, whirlwind, rapco, and most others out of the water.

another thing to consider is george L's cable. easy quick connect ends, cause thats where the cable usually fails in the end. hehheh.

~JW
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Thanks but the hard part is that there's no authorized Monster dealers here. Otherwise I'll be already using the Prolink 1000.

Comment

The only problem with using a George L as your main cable is that they tangle easily. I use the George Ls in my rack and a Monster 500 for my main cable... I'm quite happy.

The Monster 1000 (IMO) will be better than both the 400 and the George L, but in a live envioronment, you'll never hear the difference, so I wouldn't spend the extra money...
          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Working...
          X