Tight as a virgin distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tight as a virgin distortion

What amp has the tightest sounding distortion/gain/saturation you've ever heard?

Re: Tight as a virgin distortion

Some random-ass company called Roberts Amplifiers, at the Arlington Guitar Show last year. I can't find any info on them, unfortunately. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

VHT's are super duper ultra tight. No compression. Picks up every flaw and the sound fills the room. They might even feel like they have less gain than they really have. You can really hear the differences in all your pickups with these. My VHT combo I just sold had less gain than my Single Recto but seemed to sustain WAY more than the Boogie. In summary, razor-sharp.

The Bogner Uberschall has great saturation and distortion but is softer feeling than the VHTs.

Comment

VHT Ultralead. It's far & away the tightest, most articulate sounding high-gain amp out there.

Comment

ditto for VHT.

or spend a year hacking a Marshall Major like I did. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I think my Mesa (then again those that have heard mine say I'm lucky) has pretty fucking tight distortion.

Comment

My Uber is very tight! Reminds me of my first girlfriend. Tight when dialed in but loose as a goose if untamed.....

Comment

I can vouch for both the Mesa Recto...and VHT Ultralead.

Yep!...tighter than a mosquito's ass tight!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X