Clear All

• Convince Me I need a powerball

I want one but I need t be convinced.

I only play Jazz... Will the Powerball do it

I only play Blues... Will the Powerball do it

I only play Rock... Will the Powerball do it

I hate country... Will the Powerball do it

I am tired of tweaking my Vetta... Will the Powerball do it

Oh yeah I once every 5-10 years like to play a metal riff will the powerball do it?

AMongst the sarcasm I really wnat an answer to these questions....
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Convince Me I need a powerball

why want to be convinced? it sounds like you already had decided to buy it anyway [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . and yes, it will do it all. I have tried it and it has a nice clean and crunch, but I think it is best at rock and metal, due to the voicing.

maybe you are more in need for the savage or savage SE, which are more 'vintage' voiced compared to the powerball (read, more versatile voiced)

Harrald

Comment

I am a metal player mainly I actually only play a very little blues... More Jazz and some rock...

I need to be conivnced I should shed my vetta and get the powerball though.....

Comment

if you're mainly a metal player...get teh powerball. and then, if you don't like it. i'll give you 500 bucks for it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, ditch the Vetta. Powerball is pretty cool, but maybe check the Blackmore as well.

Comment

If you decide to ditch the Vetta, I have a ditch it would fit nicely in. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I loved the Powerball when I played it a few weeks ago. I say ditch the Vetta and get the PB. It destroys.

Comment

check out a framus cobra head... way better than a powerball in my opinion, cheaper used as well.

Comment

When we played with Seven Witches Jack Frost had just gotten his endorsement with Framus. His rack had a Powerball and a Cobra.... the Cobra wasn't even plugged in. Of course that's just his opinion [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I'd check teh SE but ti costs more than I am willing to spend right now... Haven't heard much on the Blackmore..

I would consider the Uber also but The powerball seems a little more versatile and still brutal

Comment

Engl make great amps.Although the new line6 stuff is pretty close to all tube sound,I say that whatever engl you're going to buy it will sound better than your vetta.That said I think that if you can afford it,go for the new Engl SE,that amp is one of the best amp around at the moment imo.A bit better and versatile than the PB.

Comment

I have been through so many amps (20 or so) in the past three years... I really really am impressed with the Vetta though... I have a Mark IV right now too the Vetta really does rock and tough to top IMO.... but... It takes a lot of tweaking though because the amp changes at different volume levels... It is so versatile and very good at what it does I am just looking for more plug and play though... I don't use many effects at all so he vetta's convience in that is a waste

Comment

Hey, I've got an Engl Blackmore head, and I love it. But be sure You know what kind of tone this amp is capable of. No, the distortion is not the most brutal on the planet, but its just enough without losing its clarity. Listen to Megadeth 'Countdown to Extinction' for an idea. I can't think of a better head for 'classic' style metal.

Comment

I have the Engl Savage SE. It will definitely get the tones you are looking for very versatile. But the distortion is my favorate, just brutal!And the bass response out of this head is awesome I run it at about 11 oclock, any more and I just kill my bass player. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X