Post your setup........AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your setup........AGAIN

O.K. so I started this same thread about a year ago and decided that I should start another one just because I know everyone probably has some new gear.

Guitar- ESP/ltd H-1000

Amps- Peavey 5150 head
    Marshall 1960B cab

real simple, real loud, insanely heavy. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Post your setup........AGAIN

Guitars - Whichever one I feel like on any given day: 4 Jacksons, 2 Carvins, 1 Fender, 1 Hamer.

Amps - Mesa/Boogie F-30 or Marshall Valvestate 8240.

Effects pedals sometimes used: Tech 21 SansAmp Tri-AC, DOD Juice Box overdrive, Dunlop Q-Zone, Dunlop Crybaby wah, Line 6 MM4, Line 6 DL4, Rocktron Surf Tremolo, Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor, Boss TU-2 Tuner.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not much has changed in the last year except I don't use the graphic EQ. I'm even trying to get off the parametric...

]

]

Comment

Here's my rig: [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Various Charvel & Warmoth mutt Strats
        http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jha...&.dnm=b6f8.jpg

1986 Mesa Boogie Mk III fully loaded (red stripe)simul-class head
        2 Carvin (80's boogie clone-era) 4X12's w/Celestions

Pedalboard's pretty simple: TU2, Vox wah, MXR Phase 90 in line--LINE 6 DM4 running in the loop. MM4's gonna be the next acquisition

I can pretty much cover everything from pristine clean to AC/DCish crunch to 'Kill Your Parents' [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Main setup-
          Guitar- Jackson usa fusion
          Amp-Framus cobra head
          cabs-marshall 1960b 4x12, custom-made 4x12 with v30's and g12h30's

Comment

Hey John why don't you like the PQ3 anymore? It is sorta noisy, but yknow...

I'm gonna try to get pics of my rig when I go home next time. Hopefully then I'll have my scanner working too so I can post it in one of these threads like I've always wanted to.

Comment

PC1,KE2,or RR1 thru XXX Head and 4x12 with nothing more than a Dime Bag Wah.....

Comment

see link below...
                This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Box, I'm still debating whether I like it or not. It does something cool to the sound in this rig like maybe buffer the preamp a bit. But, is noisy and sorta limits bandwidth.

I may get a TC 1120 if I find one. But, I'm actually starting to like the tone the CAE3+se has by itself, as it has a sort of unique tone to it. And the PQ-3 makes it more typical metal. Ask me again in ten minutes, haha...

It really is a toss up. If I tune the preamp to sound right with the PQ-3, and unplug it, the rig sounds noticeably bad. But, if I tune the preamp to sound good without the PQ-3, it sounds pretty cool. Soooo....

Comment

Home Studio:

Morley ABY - splits clean channel to a Boss OC-3, then to a Peavey TKO 80 bass combo, aka "Phantom Bassist", while the other channel goes to: Rocktek tuner, ART Xtreme preamp/reverb pedal, ART Tube EQ, Rocktron Guitar Silencer, Boss DD-3. From there, it's either a Peavey TransTube Special 212 100W combo with 2x12 extension cab, Peavey Classic (2x12) 50W tube combo with 2x12 cab, or Jackson Apogee 50 (2x12) tube combo with 2x12 cab. All cabs are Peavey.

Rehearsal Studio:

Very simple...ART Xtreme to Boss DD-2 to Peavey Classic 50W 4x10 combo.

Live:

I combine the pedalboard from home with the Peavey 4x10 combo from the rehearsal studio, and a Randall RB-60 bass combo for doubling bass lines. No, we don't have a live bassist.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd really like to try out one of the tc electronic ones myself, but it seems like it would take forever to get everything set good...it took me long enough to get mine where I liked it with only 3 bands! I can't say I've played anything in your rig (other than the PQ3 and the Intellifex, I own those myself) but I really like what the PQ3 and my BBE do with my sound...we'll see how much I like it when I upgrade amps I guess.

Comment

I use a few Jacksons, or a Strat or my 7 string, through

Mesa Triple Rectifier, through one or 2 Marshall JCM900 lead 1960 cabs with stock speakers.

I use a boss chorus, and a crybaby wah.

I used to use a TSL100 with the Mesa, together, but I sold that to buy a JCM800 from Pete (twister). I'll know if I'll be main rigging that in a few weeks, I have to use it for awhile after I get it (Thursday).

that's pretty much it!

Comment

Charvel Avenger, 275DLX, Star, Washburn N-4 multiswirl, Rick 360, Schecter A-7, Carvin DC400 and several other guitars stashed throughout the house... Line 6 300watt Flextone HD pumped through 2 Randall 2 x 12 cabinets stage left and middle and a 4 x 12 slant cabinet stage right. I use the Line 6 longboard and an Alesis Midiverb 2 for reverb only. I use Peavey scorpions in the 4 x 12 and Altec Lansing 300watt whiteframes in the Randalls. It takes me 5 minutes to set up and blanket the stage with sound.

Comment

right now...

all i'm using is a JAckson RR-3 w/EMG 81's and a V-Amp 2 and a pair of headphones. it's pretty rockin setup! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Still pretty basic for me:
                              2 Jackson SLAT Pro string throughs, 1 SL-1, 1 Dinky mutt and a Custom built Zaragoza (59 Les Paul Replica) through a Mesa Trem-O-Verb head/Marshal 4x12. Boss GE-7, Ibanez RC-99 Chorus, Danelectro Dan-Echo (don't laugh, it actually sounds pretty good [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) and a Dunlop Crybaby 535. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X