Vetta question ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta question ..

Is there a huge difference from the 1.0 to the 2.03 flash?
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Re: Vetta question ..

I didn't use it very much before flashing it with 2.03, but at least two of the amp models that were added (chnk chnk and big bottom) are very useful when combined with another amp. Also, I believe you have to upgrade it to use the patch editor--which is a very useful bit of software.
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Very huge. I liked the 1.10 software, but the 2 upgrade made the amp much better. heck, 1.0 software didn't have the bogners or the engl powerball model, the 1.10 added those. Then you gained several models - off the top of my head, the 5150 II, the diezels, the cornford, better overall tone, etc.

I took my vetta with 2.03 over to Derek's house (oklastar on the JCF) and compared it to his running the 1.10 software. It was no comparison... my amp KILLED his. Cleans, distortions, everything sounded much better. And once he upgraded his amp, then it sounded just like mine. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Like pete said no question the 2 software is far better... You ahve to retweak everything though just recall that..
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

OK ..good laugh .. I couldn't get the stupid updater to work so I decided to use midi-ox. No big deal but I followed the instructions and did a memory dump on the head and then couldn't get midi-ox to send to the head... so i was down .. Apparently no matter what I tried I could not get the stupid midi outs to work through the joystick port.. I ended up buying a tascam usb/midi interface. I got the head flashed and working properly now and I've been having a blast all weekend playing with different tones .. This was the kick in the ass I needed as I've been real lazy about playing for the last 6 months ...
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Kevin -

how do you like the amp so far? And have you tried using the vetta 'juice' compressor to add tube feel and sustain for some patches? that's my secret weapon [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

I'm just scratchin the surface Pete .. I'm not as much of a gearhead as you guys so I'm feeling my way through things. I think I did slap that on the plexi variac and am very impressed with the tone and such .

Are you using the new Beta Line 6 editor for your patches?

Comment

Working...
              X