used prices for engl 530?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used prices for engl 530?

Anyone know whats a good price for 1 of these preamps used? I haven't seen any on ebay. Thanks

Re: used prices for engl 530?

they show up about once a month. I think they go or around 400 or 500 bucks. But..don't quote me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A:
      Anyone know whats a good price for 1 of these preamps used? I haven't seen any on ebay. Thanks
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pika, Even the price for a new one is good $479.00. I'd say a mint used one would go between $350-$400 or so.

Derek

Comment

Derek...do they get the same distortion sounds as the Fireballs and other Hi-gain Engl heads? That direct out on that thing is enticing.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
          Derek...do they get the same distortion sounds as the Fireballs and other Hi-gain Engl heads? That direct out on that thing is enticing.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Definitely not. The Fireball has much more gain on tap. I would have to sat the E530 is closer to a Savage 120 type of tone. It really sound's li;;er with a good poweramp but for direct recording it's OK but mic'ing it up would be the way to go to get the best sound.

Derek

Comment

Derek you played a metallica clip on HC with a savage 120 right? Is that the tone you are talking about? If it is I need to get 1 of those.

Comment

Yeah, the 530 is not the same style of distortion as the powerball. More sedat ein the crunch dept. But, a lot of tone for sure. My friends 530 sounded awesome through a Marshall 800. VERY slayer-esque.

Comment

So if I use the mxr 10 band eq in front I can tweak the sound more for heavier bass response? Or did you ever slam the frontend with the emg pa2 . I've got 2 dk1's well 1 and 1 on its way so I can put 1 pa2 boost in 1 of them anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X