Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engl - Richie Blackmore Head Metal Clip!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engl - Richie Blackmore Head Metal Clip!!!

Here's a clip of the Blackmore that I wrote to to track from Harmony Central amp forum.. Me and my friend Axel each played 1 rhythm track using channel 4 and we each did a short solo. I dual mic'd it using a G-Flex 2x12 cab. For FX I threw in a little delay for the leads using the Boss DD-6. No EQ or anything pre or post recording as usual cause I still don't know much about using the Protool's plug in's.

Here's the link let me know what you think.
    http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000015250.mp3

Derek

Re: Engl - Richie Blackmore Head Metal Clip!!!

Originally posted by DerekB:
    Here's a clip of the Blackmore that I wrote to to track from Harmony Central amp forum.. Me and my friend Axel each played 1 rhythm track using channel 4 and we each did a short solo. I dual mic'd it using a G-Flex 2x12 cab. For FX I threw in a little delay for the leads using the Boss DD-6. No EQ or anything pre or post recording as usual cause I still don't know much about using the Protool's plug in's.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000015250.mp3

Derek

Derek
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

That is awesome tone&playing derek... always like your stuff sounds awesome. I didn't think the ritchi blackmore model had that much gain!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Jon:
        That is awesome tone&playing derek... always like your stuff sounds awesome. I didn't think the ritchi blackmore model had that much gain!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what alot of people sem think but it really is a ripper.Also,It's the sleeper amp of the Engl line and is definitely one of my favorite amps allthough everything I have played from them has pretty much impressed me a ton. Thanks for checking out the clip.

Derek

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

"must have, must buy", Eric Cartman

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:

"must have, must buy", Eric Cartman

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Thanks for checking out the clip man. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Derek!

I sent you a pm weeks ago but I think you've not seen it.I would like to have some hint regarding micing amp,your clips sound awesome.What kind of mics and pre do you use?And what about settings?I have a fireball+1960a.
              Thanks!

Comment

Sounds very GOOD!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

How does it sound by itself ? just one guitar

on the clip it sounds awesome, the gain is enough but is it enough when you play it by itself? recorded 'anything' can sound good

Clip was GREAT! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Derek, that is awesome like all Your stuff. I am the guy who ordered the Blackmore head from You a couple of weeks ago. Sorry, I haven't e-mailed You yet, but Hell, I've been so wrapped up in this amp! I love the sound! I can really nail the tone from Countdown to Extinction with this amp. And to those who are wondering, the amp sounds killer on its own like Derek says. Thanks again Man.

Comment

With my JCM 800, I can nail pretty much any metal tone. Then what I can't get with my JCM800 I get with my Mesa [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, your clips sound awesome! You and your friend are pretty good!

Comment

Close tot he best clip I've heard you do. That is the sweetest tone ever!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, i think so too [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor:
                        Derek!

I sent you a pm weeks ago but I think you've not seen it.I would like to have some hint regarding micing amp,your clips sound awesome.What kind of mics and pre do you use?And what about settings?I have a fireball+1960a.
                        Thanks!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for checking out the clip Mordor!!!
                        Hmm. I dont't recall getting it but as far as Mic's go I use an SM57 and an MD421. I usually use them both mic'd and recorded at the same time cuse it seem's to capture more frequencies that way. I was using a DBX and HHB Radius mic preamps but am now using the Digidesign M-Box with it's focusrite Mic preamps built in and they work great.I don't have any preferred setiing's and just dial in what sound's good to my ears when monitoring. If you have any more question's let me know.

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:
                          Sounds very GOOD!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

How does it sound by itself ? just one guitar

on the clip it sounds awesome, the gain is enough but is it enough when you play it by itself? recorded 'anything' can sound good

Clip was GREAT! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thakns for checking out the clip Bob. I think the amp has the perfect amount of gain and yes it sound's great whenwhen played by itself as well.Overall it's a very clean type of gain and very articulate too.

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyJobe:
                            Hey Derek, that is awesome like all Your stuff. I am the guy who ordered the Blackmore head from You a couple of weeks ago. Sorry, I haven't e-mailed You yet, but Hell, I've been so wrapped up in this amp! I love the sound! I can really nail the tone from Countdown to Extinction with this amp. And to those who are wondering, the amp sounds killer on its own like Derek says. Thanks again Man.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL! I know who you are Jonny and thanks abunch for checking out the clip. You have a great amp and I'm glad your enjoying it.

Derek

Comment

what were the settings you used to get that tone? and what kind of guitar/pickup combo were you guys using. that is seriously fucking awesome. Close tot he best clip I've heard you do. (I"ve listened to all of them on your website too) That is the sweetest tone ever!
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks alot man. I had the Gain Maxed with the contour button disabled. Bass was at 2:00 Treble -2:30 Mid's at about 1:00 Presence at about 2:00. For the Second track I moved the Presence Mid's and treble down a few notches for a slightly different tone.

Derek

Comment

Working...
                              X