Another Single Rec question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Single Rec question...

Do any of you guys that own Single Recs use them in conjunction with an effects processor or something of that nature that you control with MIDI? If you do, do you have it set up so that the amp's channels change with your patches in the processor? How would someone do that?

Re: Another Single Rec question...

I have this setup with my Bogner Ecstacy (yes, I know it's not a Recto). I use a GCX loop switcher and I use a Ground Control Pro for my midi pedal. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

There's a reason I asked about the Recto specifically...see the footswitch runs off a 5-pin MIDI cable. I have a MIDI footcontroller and an Intellifex...the controller has two 1/4" for running amp footswitches with and doing what I was talking about, but since the Mesa uses the MIDI one...

Comment

I set up my old singer with just that set-up.
        A Marshall JFX effects processor controlled by a DMC Ground Control via MIDI.
        The Marshall JFX has a programmable latching footswitch jack that controls the channel switching on the Single Recto. I think the Intellifex does as well. There's just the one jack so you can't switch the solo level in and out, but you can program those level changes in the Intellifex.
        It works great, though switching is a little slow. That's the JFX though.

Comment

I don't think my Intellifex has a jack like that, I think it was the Replifex that did. I guess your singer had the first series Single Rec? I think those had the 1/4" jacks...I guess I'll need to find one of those eh!

But wait!! I just looked at Mesa's site, the pic of the Single Rec on there has the 1/4" jack for the footswitch on the front, but I swear the one I saw at the store had a MIDI jack on the back for the footswitch! So which one is in fact the newer one?? Doubleyou-tee-eff!!

Comment

The five-pin jack on the back is for Mesa's footswitch. The 3 channel Triple actually has a 7 pin jack. As far as I know, if you plug a midi cable in there, at best nothing will happen.

BUT

Mesa sends power down their footswitch cables to run the LEDs. It probably won't do anything, but I wouldn't trust it. You should be able to make/have made a breakout cable to 1/4" jacks, which would allow the use of a GCX, or, my personal fav, an Axess CFX4. However, it strikes me as very un-Mesa for their not to be 1/4" jacks for switching already...I'm not doubting you, I just find it curious.

Mike
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
            X