Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! MIDI preamp assistance requested

Hey all:

I need some advice/opinions/options as to what to get for a preamp which is MIDI controllable.

I currently have a Soldano SP-77 as my "brain" but although it sounds awesome, it isn't versatile enough to cover a nights worth of tunes in a cover band.

I have heard a lot of good stuff about Rocktron, but have never used it.

Any thoughts on ADA equipment??

The tone I am kinda lookin for is retro 80's metal/glam, classic rockish kinda stuff. I don't really get into the new Rectumfrier sound too much....

Thanks for the advice in advance.

If you are interested in the Soldano, it has the factory modded Warren switches on it and is the USA model with new tubes installed. Works perfectly and comes w/Marshall footswitch.

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: HELP!! MIDI preamp assistance requested

I have an ADA MP-2. It's decent for 80s metal stuff but not versatile at all and I've always thought it was rather noisy.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1:
      Oh sure now you want to sell it. lol
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry bro.....how was I supposed to know [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Need a backup?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm just busting your chops dude. Have you tried effects, enhancers or any kind of boost with the sp77 yet? I have a Rocktron ProQ enhancer that can drastically change the tone. In a good way also. Another thing I'm going to do is get a pedal to boost the signal in front of it. I have a JE1000 in one of my Jackson's and kicking that thing on really lets the sp77 rip. I hate turning the gain on the 77 to high because it gets flabby. I found the gain boost pumps up the gain but minus the flab. I'm probably going to get a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 for my other axes to get a similar effect. I had a couple 77's then switched and sold those for something else and ended up right back with the 77.
        We must!
        We must!
        We must increase the bust!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!
        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Oh sure now you want to sell it. lol
          We must!
          We must!
          We must increase the bust!
          The bigger the better!
          The tighter the sweater!
          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

If you've got a great preamp already, add a MIDI/footcontrollable EQ unit. The MP-1 sounds like ass by itself, but running through an external EQ unit like the Digitech TSR-12, it's the perfect studio/live/jamming combo [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I like the ADA MP-1 3Tubes moded preamp. It sounds a lot better than the factory unit. You can listen it in www.adadepot.com. Check it out, and then you can judge.

Comment

Working...
              X