Clear All

• Mesa Stiletto

Something new from Mesa:
    http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_In...o/stiletto.htm

Re: Mesa Stiletto

Looks like an uglier Recto...

Comment

Between this and the Lonestar, Mesa is a company to watch. They are making some cool new stuff that ventures away from the "recto" sound and look while maintaining a lineage. The Lonestar kicks ass and I'll bet this is cool as well.

Comment

I was ready up on these in a review in G1(I think thats where it was)and I can't wait to check them out. I really grew tired of the whole Rectifier sound.

Comment

sweet, a bold/spongy switch, exactly what I've been looking for!!! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I dig the fact that they created the Stiletto to compliment the Recto's sound. Pretty cool.
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

i'm excited to see and EL-34 baised boogie metal amp! about time. these should be interesting to hear.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

What's the price tag on them anyway?

Comment

What's nice about Boogie...is they always strive to not only outdo other amps on the market...but totally outdo themselves!

This should be a really kick ass amp!! Can't wait to check one out...I may have to retire my workhorse Dual Recto for one!

Comment

Looks like the Mesa version of a Uberschall.

Comment

any updates? anyone try one out or atleast hear one?

Comment

yeah...I totally want more info on this.
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

the mesa dealer here in town has one on order. no timetable on delivery [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] he's a freakin cool guy and will let me play with the amp when it gets in.
                          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

This looks amazing. Could be the amp that finally makes me take the jump from modelers to real tubes.

Never having owned a real tube amp before, just how much maintenance do they really require (say playing 5-10 hrs. per week)?

New tubes once a year, or what? And when you do replace tubes, is it a do-it-yourself project, or do you have to take the amp in (for biasing or whatever)?

Thanks! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver:

New tubes once a year, or what? And when you do replace tubes, is it a do-it-yourself project, or do you have to take the amp in (for biasing or whatever)?
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Typically, you'll retube once or twice a year (maybe once more if you're running EL84s or true Class A), if everything is set up and maintained properly, and you don't run everything full-on all the time. You can retube yourself if you know how. The process varies from amp to amp. Certain bias types make it easier than others, as do rating systems from various companies. With Mesa, as long as you stick with the same rating of "their" tubes, you can just plug and play. That's not to say that it isn't worthwhile to learn how to bias yourself, because you may want to try tubes that fall outside of Mesa's stock range at some point.

Comment

Working...
                              X