Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp help

Hi,
    I am playing through a Crate GFX1200H head (solid state)and 2 4x12 cabs...
    My problem is the HISS at any "good" volume. If I get the 2nd overdrive channel over 3 it has such a hiss, it's driving me nuts.
    I bought a Rocktron Hush pedal, and it helps some..
    Oh, I also am using a Fender Tuner pedal, a Bad Horsie wah, and a Peavey Stereo Effects Processor. I am using them straight into the amp, would I have less noise if I use the "effects" (input) jack?? I love the tone and distortion I get out of this amp..it's really great, but that noise is killing me. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    Any help you can give me will be appreciated.

Re: Amp help

First, get a good quality cable like a monster, Spectraflex or George L etc, and plug right into the amp, and see if it stills hisses.

If it does, well it's either the guitar (somewhat unlikely if it's a decent guitar like a stock jackson), or the amp. Go figure your solution from there.

If it doesn't hiss anymore start checking out (with good quality cables in hand) which pedal is the culprit. I'd check out the tuner (quite notorious) and the delay as possible offenders.

Yeah, the effects send is a good place for the Peavey effects unit. The wah is better in front of the amp. And the tuner? wellll they are often noisemakers, maybe see about getting an A/B switch to switch off to it and get it out of the signal path while playing.

Comment

Re: Amp help

Thanks for the ideas...I am going to try them ASAP.

Comment

Working...
      X