RackMounted EQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RackMounted EQ

I pickedup a DOD 31 band EQ off ebay and it has way to much hiss for my taste. I can quite it down but when I do, I'll lose all my gain. Can someone recommend an graphic EQ that will only add to my tone and not take away. I'm looking to spend around $100.

thanks,

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: RackMounted EQ

Graphics are cool, but have you tried a Parametric? Furmans PQ-3s are a touch noisy but passable (I'm picky), and are VERY cool to use for tonal shaping (better IMO than a graphic), and are around your price range.

As for Graphics, I have used Alesis 231s and they are ok, and not too noisy. I'm really not a big fan, but the unit is useable if you're looking for a cheap graphic. Keep an eye on the eBay for a cheap quality graphic like a Rane, older ones aren't in such demand and they can be had reasonably.

Good luck!

Comment

I thought about parametric EQ's. I read one article and it said for the novice (which I am) that I should keep to a graphic EQ because, hello, I can see the signal graphically with the little tabs. It went on to say that the parametric EQ is the best because you can shift the tone rather than just shaping it. I guess in any application,I would like a quite EQ.

thanks

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

ART Tube-EQ. It's a 1/2 rack space unit, that sounds great on guitar. They can be had used for about $100. Fairly quiet too...
        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK:
          I would like a quite EQ.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You mean quiet? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sounds like you have a bad one. I have a DOD dual 15 and it is as "QUIET" as can be.

Matt

Comment

I run an ART 351 eq through the f/x loop on my Marshall 2100 SL-X and it sounds pretty brutal for distortion and it's fairly quiet.
              Gear
              '88 Charvel Model 6
              '90 Charvel 650 Custom
              '92 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
              '93 Jackson USA Randy Rhoads PCS #23
              '07 Jackson DKMG Mutt

Comment

Working...
              X