Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

someone describe teh Blue Voodoo sound to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone describe teh Blue Voodoo sound to me.

Is it like a 5150? like...shitloads of gain..or what. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

what tones are easily emulated wtih this thing.

Re: someone describe teh Blue Voodoo sound to me.

I'm not really good at describing a specific sound without a comparison. My BV120 sounds very similar to my friends DSL100 except the Crate sounds a little more rounded and smoother distortion. Gain is excellent. I have mine set around 1 or 2 oclock most of the time. Probably not quite as much gain as the 5150, but definitely enough.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Drip, what guitars / pickups are you going to run through it? If I've got anything similar, I'll make you some clips, if ya think that would help.

Keith
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

not saying i'm goign to get one. but. I'd be using EMG-81s in it.

I'd be running a JAckson RR-3 and/or a Y2KV thru it.

they both have an 81 in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
          Is it like a 5150? like...shitloads of gain..or what. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

what tones are easily emulated wtih this thing.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sounded way fussy to me I had the 60 watt head at one time , it sounded good through the matched cab , but I ran mine through a marshall valvestate cab and a old h/k cab , it sounded way fussy and like crap , then it died on me no sound at all coming through and some pro tube tech in Vancouver couldn't even figer it out ? either could crate , they were totally shocked man ! so I got my money back and another valvestate head and some fx . //Steve

Comment

ick..fuzzy was not a word I was hoping to hear. I"m gonna need a new amp here in the next few months. Can't afford what I really want (ENGL blackmore or Fireball) So..I'm testing the water of the cheapies. 5150 is probably what'll i'll end up getting (off ebay) 500 bucks is about my max..maybe 550 if I have to.

Comment

a 5150 is much better than the voodoo.

Comment

ick..fuzzy was not a word I was hoping to hear. I"m gonna need a new amp here in the next few months. Can't afford what I really want (ENGL blackmore or Fireball) So..I'm testing the water of the cheapies. 5150 is probably what'll i'll end up getting (off ebay) 500 bucks is about my max..maybe 550 if I have to.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">FWIW, mine isn't "fuzzy" at all, or even "fussy" for that matter.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

"hummmmmmmmmm" "bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" "kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk" and [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] sum it up [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I like the 5150 better than the BV. The BV is buzzy as hell.
                    Jerry
                    FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

I think the buzziness is going to be determined by how much highs and presence you feed the amp. Since the BVs have a true boost/cut EQ system, and they are brighter voiced amps to begin with, it's very easy to crank in too much highs and presence to get that buzzy factor going.

Stu

Comment

well, I think I'm gonna stay away form the BV unless someone posts a spectacular clip of one, that totally blows me away. I know I"ll be satisfied with a 5150, since my brother has one...so I've heard what it's capable of.

Comment

If you go to my page you can find a link for a band called Ed Gein. I think they have some clips. He plays a BV. FJA Mods
                          Jerry
                          FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

what the hell was that? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                            Ed Gein is some crazy shiat. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

what the hell was that? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                              Ed Gein is some crazy shiat. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OMG, I just listend to "You suck at life" and my cat FLEW out of the room, all hunched down, like he was under attack! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you can afford $500 for a 5150, look around for a XXX. You can pick them up sometimes for under $700.

Keith

[ February 19, 2004, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: axtogrind ]
                              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Working...
                              X