Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

someone describe teh Blue Voodoo sound to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: someone describe teh Blue Voodoo sound to me.

the blue voodoo sounds fine if you tweak the knobs right.

just make sure you have a good cab - they make all the difference in the world.

~JW

edited to say: and no the BV cab is not a good cab!
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
      just make sure you have a good cab - they make all the difference in the world.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love my BV through my 5150 cab: got 'em both from a JCF bro.

K
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Go to the Judas Priest website and Glen Tipton has some clips playing through one.

Matt

Comment

Bottom of the page:

http://judaspriest.com/video/default.asp
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
            ick..fuzzy was not a word I was hoping to hear. I"m gonna need a new amp here in the next few months. Can't afford what I really want (ENGL blackmore or Fireball) So..I'm testing the water of the cheapies. 5150 is probably what'll i'll end up getting (off ebay) 500 bucks is about my max..maybe 550 if I have to.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">a 5150 is reliable as well , and look how many good players use em , there is a reason for that , the only pro players I've heard of in metal playing engls are dimmu and they don't have much for a guitar tone at all . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
              what the hell was that? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
              Ed Gein is some crazy shiat. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LMAO...yeah they're pretty intense.
              Jerry
              FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">a 5150 is reliable as well , and look how many good players use em , there is a reason for that , the only pro players I've heard of in metal playing engls are dimmu and they don't have much for a guitar tone at all . //Steve [/QB][/QUOTE]

Darkane, Angel Dust, Dimmu Borgir.
                Darkane has the best tone known to man. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

There might be three reasons bigger bands aren't playing ENGL's much on tour:

They're not easy to get ahold of out outside Germany (the big reason I think)

They're high end

They don't have many endorsers

I love mine. PERFECT tone all around, perfect metal tones. I think I remember the guy from Cattle Decapitation playing one as well.

But between the BV and the 5150, get the 5150. IMO the BV is utter crap - or maybe I just didn't fiddle with it enough.

Comment

Double post argh argh argh

Comment

Triple post...man I'm stupid

Comment

Drip: I have a Savage 120.

Comment

ARgos...which Engl did you buy?

Comment

I still don't know why some of you are saying the Blue Voodoo is buzzy. Maybe if you had the gain cranked, but had the volume right down low, it might sound kinda buzzy, but then, most decent amps don't sound too great at low volumes. As for 5150s, yeah they're not bad, but everyone that sees my band play says they like my sound better than the guy who plays a 5150. I chose the Crate after trying out a 5150 and a XXX in the store.
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Not of fan of any of the BV's I've played but, Glenn Tipton's sounds REAL good (I'm sure quite a bit's from the hands too).

Glenn Tipton is great, I've always liked Priest. His placement of bends are magic!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I currently own a block logoed BV120 and an older Brass logoed BV60H. I also have two BV 4-12 Celestion Vintage 30 bottoms. The BV60 sounds a lot like a modded Marshall on the dirty channel and a cross between a JC 120 and a Blackface on the clean channel. The BV120 sounds more similar too a 5150 than a Marshall but the clean is the same. IMO. Most guys try these in the music store with the Crate loaded speaker cabs and they do sound very much like Ass. However the cabs with the Vintage 30's sound very good for Metal,Rock,and any other genre. Also try a few NOS pre amp tubes for differentt tonal variations.

Ric

Comment

Working...
                                X