Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

electronics guru's, help needed w/ mixer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electronics guru's, help needed w/ mixer.

Hello,

I have a mixing board, audio centron ACM 24, 24 channel mixer that has flipped it's lid. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    When the power supply is connected, all of the channel peak LED's light up, [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] and the peak LED's on the main LED section are lit up. It has PHantom power, and the phantom power light is on, and the push button to turn it on/off doesn't turn it off. NOthing else is connected to the board at all.
    It was working fine up until a day or two ago.
    It is about four years old. I measured the power supply w/ a multimeter, it is reading 11.5 volts AC, I'm not sure what it is supposed to read, [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] since there are no markings on the powersupply (wall wart) and the only markings on the board say "120 V AC ~ 60 Hz. 20 Watt" and it also has the model and serial numbers on the same tag.
    It's a pretty simple board, 24 channel, 2 effects loops, no solo buttons per channel, no buses, has rca ins and outs, two main outs, two monitor outs, both sets of outs share a set of OUtput meters.
    If anyone would have any suggestions on what this may be, give me a shout.
    I have tried to look up ACM Audio centron on the net, but no luck. I'm hoping it will be something I could fix myself, or that it might be cheap to fix. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    thanks
    NandrewNoah.

Re: electronics guru\'s, help needed w/ mixer.

It's tough to say what is up with it. With the lights coming on you can assume the wall wart is ok. See if you can get anything out of the Aux sends or the FX sends. Also, not meaning to insult you, but check your cables and make sure everything is routed properly. If you are ok with a solder iron, look for loose connections inside.

Matt

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

I'll crack it open and look if there's any obvious bad connections.

nandrew

Comment

the wall wart is a transformer that steps down the voltage so 11.5 v is probably about right for a mixing board but i dont know for sure.

Comment

Working...
        X