Headphone practice unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphone practice unit

Hey guys,I usually don't post in this section,my name is Kev,how are yas?I am looking for a good unit for late night practice,something I can just plug my headphones into and still get a decent tone.I was using a Zoom 505II but it broke and it was really digital sounding.I just need something with a clean,dirty,and maybe a chorus and delay.I have heard of the Line 6 stuff but I am not familiar with them.Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks

Re: Headphone practice unit

IMHO Line6's POD is the way to go. You can pick up a used Pod 2.0 for reasonably cheap. You can also use it for recording if so inclined.

Comment

I use a Vamp2. Kinda like a POD but a hell of a lot cheaper.

Comment

I've got a DOD GS30 system you might be interested in. http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...=003364#000000
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Zoom 7010 Fire. It is the best IMHO.

Comment

I've been using the original POD for several years, and it's great. But recently I bought one of those little Digitech RP pedals, and they sound really good with headphones, and are much cheaper than a POD. You can get the RP50 for around $70, or the RP100 for a bit more. There are tons of sounds in there, mine has a drum machine too, and you can use it with an amp, as well. Just a thought. But the POD is great if you wanna spend the money.
            Dana <~~~
            '85 Rhoads Custom
            '86 SD Str*t
            '86 Model 4 (5)
            '87 Model 1
            '87 Model 6
            '88 Model 3DR
            '90 650 XL
            '94 KE-3
            '97 DR Amberburst
            '97 Dinky BOFlames
            '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

I used to use a Rockman soloist.It sounded great, if you can find one get it

Comment

I've used an RP100 for headphone practice & I'd recommend it, but the unit toejam has for sale has better features (similar to an RP200, maybe even better) for a great price. I'd grab it. If you want to spend a bit more, it's hard to beat a POD. Line6 modeling (even earlier stuff) is the best, imo.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.I did some homework and the POD and the digitech seem like the best two.I'll see if I can snag a used one cheap,thanks for the help.

Comment

I've got a Digitech RP50 with the power supply. We could work a trade if you want. Lemme know.

Comment

Kev check out the review i did for the digitech genesis 1. I've seen them go for $45.00 on ebay.
                      Here is the link to my review.
                      digitech genesis1

Brian

Comment

The Korg Pandora PX4 is also a good way to go. It's roughly the size of a Walkman and includes built-in drum/bass tracks that are a lot more fun to jam over than a metronome or straight drums w/o bass, and a feature that lets you run a line in from another source (e.g., a CD player) and adjust its pitch using the Pandora. This is great for those of us with Floyds, who can't be constantly retuning to E, Eb, D, back to E, etc., to learn songs.

Comment

pod and ebay!

with the pod you'll get multible amp sounds as well and effects, and you can use it with you rig for tone or effects or record with it if you want.

i think they are well worth it!

i'm getting ready to do the pre production for a friends band. and we are going to demo all the songs live using the roland V drums, and 2 pods. everybody will be in the room listening to the studio monitors as they play.

the pod is so usefull, we've done late night sessions with the pod and a direct box. monitoring the guitar sound with the pod and recording the direct sound (straight off the pickup) so that we can re-amp that later with a real amp/cab/mic.

i love the pod!
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Which of these neat little tools have a metronome / drum machine built in ? I could use one of those things badly.

Comment

Working...
                            X