Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabling/bypassing effects on J-Station?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling/bypassing effects on J-Station?

I just got back the J-Station that my brother had been borrowing, and no matter what amp model I have selected, there is always a ridiculous amount of reverb on it. Even selecting no effect, and turning down the delay and reverb knobs didn't get rid of it -- I had to use Deep Edit mode to zero out the delay/reverb parameters. I know there has to be an easier way...?
    sigpic

Re: Disabling/bypassing effects on J-Station?

Don't really know if this will help you out but when ever I had problems with my digitech processor (ie. patches, malfunctioning efx, etc) I would just reset the processor all together. If your not too worried about losing your (if any) custom patches on it then I would recommend resetting your J-station. Im sure there website has directions on how to do so.

Comment

I think I've seen that mentioned at the Johnson forums... but I can't recall for sure.

http://www.johnson-amp.com/jstation.htm

Maybe do a reset to the factory defaults?

Keith
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I did the factory reset, but that didn't help. It's as if the models are preset to have effects assigned to them, which might be fine if you're trying to do a Rectifier model through a 4x12 cab model and want the resonance that setup would give...but straight into the soundcard, it sounds like crapola.

The Deep Edit mode isn't too bad to work with if you have the parameter list in front of you, but I just expected something more intuitive.
        sigpic

Comment

Have you got a midi cable? The J-Edit software is IMO pretty nice to work with, and you don't have to fool with all that deep level menu digging.

Keith
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

i ve been a J station user since Jan 2002, but i have never used with either the J3, J8 or a MIDI controller, since someone where provided the plans for the J3 i have decided to build it, but i have no idea on how it'll work, it says bank up, bank down and channel, have any of you use the J 3? and is it useable for stage use? like using for rhythm a mesa with compression, then i'd switch for a Vox with thick chorus and for the solo a Marshall with phaser?

Comment

Working...
            X