My new Engl Amp Head!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Engl Amp Head!

Big thanks to Derek B. of Rock Solid Amps for this head. I played My first show with this amp Friday night, and it turned out to be our best yet. Playing through this amp just makes You feel totally 'on'. This is the Blackmore model, and I've seen a lot of topics about these heads. I would totally recommend this amp to anybody considering one. The gain is tight and defined, and the headroom is awesome.

Re: My new Engl Amp Head!

Congrats! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Big congrats... How is the clean on it...
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

That's great your liking your new amp and I sure as heck don't blame you cause it's a great amp all around.Wait til you do some recording's with it it cause it takes really nice to a mic.

Here's a clip I posted last night on Harmony Central. I had a budy of mine play on it and I recorded it dual mic'd with an SM57 and an MD421.We used one of my G-Flex 2X12's and my PRS Custom 24.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000015411.mp3

Regards,
        Derek

Comment

I've got a ENGL Powerball. Best amp I've had the honor to play through as of yet. I hear the Soldano SLO-100 is right up my alley though. But I NEVER thought I could get that kinda sound through my Powerball. Its just awesome!

Comment

I don't understand why bands like ARch Enemy choose to take 5150's on the road. as opposed to teh blackmore head.

They've specified that they use the 5150, Marshall, and an ENGL Blackmore in the studio.

what gives?

Comment

Originally posted by DerekB:
              That's great your liking your new amp and I sure as heck don't blame you cause it's a great amp all around.Wait til you do some recording's with it it cause it takes really nice to a mic.

Here's a clip I posted last night on Harmony Central. I had a budy of mine play on it and I recorded it dual mic'd with an SM57 and an MD421.We used one of my G-Flex 2X12's and my PRS Custom 24.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000015411.mp3

Regards,
              Derek
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">BETTER WATCH OUT!

WE'RE THE COWBOYS FROM HELL! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Alot of bands don't actually own the amps they record with in the studios.

Alot of bands (that aren't huge) that tour overseas from their home base wil try and rent heads and cabs in their destination country, since shipping them over an ocean is a pain in the ass, not to mention expensive.

I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

Comment

Working...
                X