Wah-wah mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wah-wah mods

I'm getting close to that day when I get a wah to 'improve'. I was just wondering if any of you guys uses a moded wah? I'd like to know what wah, why/why not moded and if moded in what way. I hope we can gather some constructive critique here.

Re: Wah-wah mods

I use a modded wah and I mod them. I found all the stock wahs I tried to be lacking. The old ones I've played sounded way better. They were a lot more vocal sounding than the new stuff. I like the my modded Dunlop best.
    Jerry
    FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Hi Jerry,
      In what way did you mod your Dunlop? Depth, sweep, frequency? I've tried Dunlop and Morley and none of them impressed me. They seemed to 'shallow'. Is this the feeling you deal with that leads you to moding your wahs?

Comment

Originally posted by metafaza:
        Hi Jerry,
        In what way did you mod your Dunlop? Depth, sweep, frequency? I've tried Dunlop and Morley and none of them impressed me. They seemed to 'shallow'. Is this the feeling you deal with that leads you to moding your wahs?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have several wahs that I've modded. I have clips of a couple mods on my page. I added a 3 way sweep range, Q control, mid gain control, and low gain control on my best one. It has a Fasel inductor and Fulltone pot as well. There's a bunch of things that can be done to them. I do the Bad Horsie wahs too. I can make them more vocal.
        Jerry
        FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

http://www.realmccoycustom.com/

Take a look on this site, these Wahs are superb...

Steve

Comment

Wow, Jerry those clips sound amazing! Just makes me think why they don't make those wahs thay way to start with.
            I've also heard only good thing about RMC wahs, but since their availability is somewhat extremely limited (not to mention the price...)in here I only have choice between Dunlop and Morley. I may also get a beater wah to experiment with.

Comment

Working...
            X