Mark Cameran Modded Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Cameran Modded Amps

I am considering having Mark mod one of my Marshalls. Before I go send one of my babies off to a complete stranger I'd like some more opinions on his work. I am interested in his Jose mod with an extra gain stage. Please Help!
    Thanks! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Mark Cameran Modded Amps

Spell his name right and use the search function, you'll get plenty of threads. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I just talked to Mark today and I will have my amp back next week. So if you want hold one and I can give you reveiw and a demo over the phone if you want.

Comment

Tim,
        Thanks that would be great! Keep me posted. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

RacerX,
          Thanks for the tip, I found lots of info in the search. Mark sounds like the man!

Comment

Tell Mark I helped you.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There is one of Marks amps with the Jose mod on ebay. This amp would be worth checking out!

Comment

That JTM45,I am not for sure but it looks very familier.
                I believe I used to own that head back in early 90's,sold it to my friend Ken and then Ken took that head to Mark for more modification and the amp never came back because my friend lost Mark's contact # because Mark never stayed at one place for too long.
                I remember it well because I bought the amp from a guy in Orange County for like $400-500 back then.It was advertised in the Recycler newspapers and had the same Tesla Power Tubes that showing in the auction pics.
                After Mark modified it for me, it sounded very bright almost you had to turn the treble and presence knobs to 2 or 3 and bass all the way,still it sounded very bright with no bass bottom.

I don't know what to saysince the amp is owned by someone else and I haven't talked with my friend for several years.Not sure if he was able to get it back or not.
                I think not because he is not in the U.S. and never was able find MArk's contact #.
                kind of weird finding out that Mark sold the amp to someone else but actually it was my friend's amp Mark was supposed to do some work.This was about when he was working in Huntington Beach.

Not that I am saying the one in the auction is 100% my friend's but I can imagine not that many JTM45 reissue heads have been modded by him and mine was the first one he did for sure.
                And the auction description says it was Mark's personal amp....!?

[ February 26, 2004, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: dinkyjacksonman ]

Comment

To add,the description says this was the only JTM45 Mark ever modified....
                  So what can I say... the amp was my friend's.
                  The seller does ot like the tone?
                  Because the amp did not sound good at all even at the time Mark did not understand why the amp would sound very bright.
                  We talked about it back then and maybe it has to to with the rectifier tube.

Comment

Dinkyjacksonman,
                    Thanks for the tip, I think I'll stay away from that one. By the way how did you like your Jose modded Marsall? If I would have seen it sooner I would have bought it from you! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

When I got the mod, it wasn't even called as Jose mod.Mark started Jose mod amp much later.
                      I would say last several years, he started the mod.
                      I used to own a real Jose mod Marshall and Mark's amp at the time(7-12years ago)never sounded like Jose's.
                      Actually Mark's amp sounded much hotter than any other amps.
                      Jose's amp sometimes would sound very isolated but very tight bottom with perfect amount of gain which made him so popular.
                      I am not sure how Mark's Jose mod amp would sound and not sure if people who have thier Jose Mod amps really have tried and compared to a real Jose Mod.
                      Mark's modification is the best out there and I can tell you, if you want the best mod,his amps are the choice.

Comment

Dinkyjacksonman,

Mark has his own high gain mod and also does a copy of the Jose mod. Im guessing you had Mark's mod.

Kyle G

Comment

I spoke to Mark last night about the finsihing touches with my amp and he actually brought up the one on ebay. According to Mark it used to be his amp and a friend of his is selling it. So the auction is legit.

Comment

Dinkyjacksonguy,
                            I was refering to you real Jose modded Marshall.
                            Why did you sell it? Was it the shit? Those things are so hard to find I cant believe you let it go.

Comment

Tim, yes that amp was mod by him and it was my friend's after I sold it to him about 10years ago.
                              It never was Mark's personal amp.He had the amp because my friend took the amp to Mark for modification and my friend was never able to get it back because he didn't contact Mark for a long time plus we were never able to fin Mark until couple years ago.
                              I will be talking to Mark regarding this.

Screamindemon, the Jose amp sounded great.
                              It souded exactly what you would expect from Jose's amp.
                              I sold it, simply to get another head.
                              What I didn't like about it(many modded amps) was that it only had 1CH and I was never able to get a good clean sound.
                              I would prefer to have a VHT or a Bogner with 2-3CHs or maybe a midi preamp like JMP-1.
                              But you want a real hot modded amp, Mark's amp is the way to go and not sure how the amp on E-bay would sound now but when I had it, it sounded the worst amp ever heard.more than 10yeasr from then, there must be a lot of improvement but I really dig his modded JMPs from late 70's better.
                              Totally different.

Comment

Working...
                              X