Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 100 ?

What do you guys think of this amp?

Would it be suitable for Megdeth to In Flames kinda sounds, with the occasional drop tuned hardcore stuff??

I tried one out at Sam Ash the other morning, as I was dropping my application off. I only got to crank it to 1 1/2. It sounded pretty good, and I can only think maybe it sounds better at higher volumes.

I was playing it with a out of tune Les Paul, that was a real p.o.s. (Yeah, I am sad to Say a $1100 American Gibson LP was a P.O.S.)

Anyways...what do you guys think of this amp, would it probably suit me?

Re: Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 100 ?

I was jamming on a TSL with a USA Solist last week. The TSL is actually a really good sounding amp I think, but it severely lacks mids.

The 2000 is too gritty and doesnt have enough gain for my tastes.

Mind you also I HATE Marshalls.

In my opinion you would like a Peavy 5150. I would say the 2000 would be better than the TSL for drop tunings and such. I cant see getting a good In Flames thru either amp tho.

Hope I could help.

Comment

Hrmm.

Maybe a Peavey XXX is more along the lines for me?

Comment

BTW...JCM 2000 are teh TSL, and DSL series.

So what are you saing when you act liek the TSL 100 is different than the 2000?

Same amp.

Comment

Those aren't exactly boutique amps... why don't you try some out at a music store and see what you think? The JCM2000 line covers models that sound nothing like each other... a DSL401 doesn't sound like a 100 watt DSL, which doesn't sound like a 100 watt TSL, etc... and I bet you could find a Peavey/Marshall dealer and even listen to them all back to back.

Pete

Comment

Well,

They had a dsl, and a tsl.

The only Peavey's were the XXL, and I'm interested in the XXX.

I was wanting your opinions, out of the three I guess.

Again, I liek to play Megadeth to In Flames sounding stuff, and hardcore. I also liek the classic metal kinda sounds.

I need to know what to try, as well as your opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL:
              I also liek the classic metal kinda sounds.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">JCM 800 + distortion stomp box of your choice.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Why buy a $1000 then put a $100 pedal in front of it? I dont understand that.

Comment

I have a DSL100 and my old rhythm guitarist had a TSL100... we thought mine sounded quite a bit better, it wasn't as muddy and just seemed to get heavier sounds [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

My opinion on my DSL100 is varied. I think the lead tones are great but its rhtyhm tone is lacking. Its not tight and just isn't heavy enough for me, its a good amp for just straight up rock though. I'd rather have a Bogner Uberschall though heh.

Comment

Can't afford anything nice, ever.

I can afford a peavey xxx more towards the end of the year.
                    Ya guys think I should just go that route?

Comment

get a good cab before you get a head. and when you are trying shit out in the store. put the head on the same cab as you use. or you'll never really know what that head is going to sound like when you get home. and besides, a good cab will have more effect on the quality of you sound more than anything else.

~JW
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL:
                        Can't afford anything nice, ever.

I can afford a peavey xxx more towards the end of the year.
                        Ya guys think I should just go that route?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I could post a novel length reply on what you should get. But what matters most is what you want and liek the most. Take some time and try different amps out before ya buy.

Comment

I have the TSL100 head and I have tried other things but keep coming back to it. I use a Jekyl and Hide pedal in front of it and I have tons of tone options. I use the 1960 4 X 12 cab that has the 25 watt greenbacks and it rocks.

This amp has been knocked off a stage and fell 5 feet. All it had for damage was some bent input jacks and it worked fine. It also has been through a storm with 70 MPH winds where it was knocked over and rained heavily on and still comes back swinging.

It's not perfect. I have yet to find the perfect amp. I have to really mess with the EQ on the clean channel. But when I'm at the perfect volume and have it just the right distance away, It KICKS ASS [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X