Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just came back from playing the XxX

It Was GREAT!!!

I first played thru it with a ESP Horizon which has Seymour Duncans in it, sounded Great but the action on the guitar was TOO HIGH, tried a DK2FS instead. Alot better but the action was really low (too low) and it had a middle pickup that was in the way, so the playing still suffered slightly.

But the sound out of the Amp [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

It's everything you want it to be!
    It can do all kinds of sounds like, Iced Earth, Death, Megadeth and so on...

It has alot of OPTIONS! Me like
    Dampening switch has 3 options Tight, Mid & Loose and 3 channels Clean, Crunch & Ultra
    + Lots of knobs (for each channel)

...and it wasn't like on most amp where the 2nd channel (crunch) sucks...It was just as good as the 3rd channel.

I said before that i didn't like it that much...but what do i know [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

This is definitely next on my 'Gear to get' list! (gotta have a matching amp for that smokin guitar enroute [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Bob out

Re: Just came back from playing the XxX

Anybody know the non-evilbay non-MF street price on the xxx?

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

If anyone's interested I have a Peavey XXX 2X12 combo w/ footswitch for $750. But!, there's a catch! You must be willing to pick it up in person!! I live in the New England area, the southern most part of Maine.
      E-mail: [email protected] if interested.
      Thanks All! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I really like the Crunch channel on that amp. When the damping is set to Loose it has a great open sound to it.

Comment

What are you getting instead ?

Does the combo sound the same as the head? or is it like Marshalls 2000 line

Comment

A dealer in my area said the XXX 2x12 combos are going for $999 out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:
              What are you getting instead ?

Does the combo sound the same as the head? or is it like Marshalls 2000 line
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm all Jazzed about the new Peavey JSX head! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I can't wait to hear one!
              They're due out in April.
              Also can't wait to hear the new Mesa Stiletto Deuce and Trident heads! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Two of my good friends in the same band just bought Triple X's within the last 3 months. One guy got the head and a 212 Peavey cab for around 900. It's got a big fat crunchy sound. The other guy got the 112 combo but after playing live realized he needed more guts to keep up with the other guy's head/cab. He went back and picked up the 212 combo as is much happier - except for the weight. It's 98 lbs. and has one handle. It needs 2 and a buddy to help carry it. What a monster.

Comment

Oh Yeah!,
                  The 2X12 XXX is the exact same thing as the head but with reverb and can be run as a combo or a head.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:
                    It Was GREAT!!!

I first played thru it with a ESP Horizon which has Seymour Duncans in it, sounded Great but the action on the guitar was TOO HIGH, tried a DK2FS instead. Alot better but the action was really low (too low) and it had a middle pickup that was in the way, so the playing still suffered slightly.

But the sound out of the Amp [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

It's everything you want it to be!
                    It can do all kinds of sounds like, Iced Earth, Death, Megadeth and so on...

It has alot of OPTIONS! Me like
                    Dampening switch has 3 options Tight, Mid & Loose and 3 channels Clean, Crunch & Ultra
                    + Lots of knobs (for each channel)

...and it wasn't like on most amp where the 2nd channel (crunch) sucks...It was just as good as the 3rd channel.

I said before that i didn't like it that much...but what do i know [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

This is definitely next on my 'Gear to get' list! (gotta have a matching amp for that smokin guitar enroute [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Bob out
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the xxx is rad ! Daves got one . also try the XXL really similar to the XXX on the ultra channel . I just love solidstate amps don't know why just do , colder bite and nicer clean , but the XXX has a nice clean channel as well //Steve

Comment

My wife bought me a brand new XXX 4x12 this past Christmas for $1500 out the door. Thanks included some new patch's and three sets of strings, too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If that helps.... haven't seen many being sold used as of late.

Comment

Working...
                      X