Headphone Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphone Recommendation?

Can anyone suggest good headphones for studio use or late night playing through a Tech 21 modeling amp or POD?

I am looking for good sound reproduction. So far I have been recommended AKG K-240, Sennheiser HD-280, Fostex T-40 or T-50. Any comments on these models would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Headphone Recommendation?

I personally bought the Sennheiser HD 500s.I orginally bought them for late gaming.I like the sound quailty I get from them.The have plenty of bass respone for explosions and fire fights without sounding muddy .I know use them for playing with my V-Amp2 and love the way they sound.Plus they are really light and do not bother my ears after extended use.Click here there price is not to bad.
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I use a pair of Koss 4 AAA, not sure if you can even still buy them, but they work great for me in my recording.

Comment

i like my K-240 they are pretty comfy and sound very well,but mine are the K-240 monitor, not the K-240 studio they are a little weaker than mine
        but the sennheiser's sound comparably close ,you wouldent go wrong with either [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

oops, wouldn't [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Sennheiser, has some Great headphones. A few months ago, I did some Research into some, for our band to use at the soundboard, for Checking levels, Mixes etc, and we ended up getting a set of Sennheisers, but I don't remember the Number. I think it was one of the newer sets, in the Evolution series.

Comment

just make sure you get ones with a FLAT response.

you want to hear your mix as close to the source as possible.

look for 20-20hz
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

> These are extremely pricey,but the Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones are as good as they get,they can be had on sale for about 130 bucks shipped. These are the same headphones used by most big name DJ's. For sound quality vs. price,Sennheisers are great as well. You can also usually pick up a decent set at Radio Shack,just take a portable cd player and a cd you are familiar with and audition them the way you would an amp or set of good stereo speakers. Tommy D.
                "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

CANT go wrong with Sennheiser HD 590's.

I love mine. Lower impedance so they dont require a dedicated amp to be driven well. They are forward sounding and have a nice balanced overall tone. Cant go wrong, I bought mine off Ebay for 130$ new!

Comment

I use Beyer Dynamic DT-770 Professional. Every studio around here use them. B&O use them. Look them up on google for some reviews.

/Henrik
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                    X