Unlimited $$$ amplifier help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unlimited $$$ amplifier help

well they are avial able all over the web. Here is one I found just by checking thru yahoo:
    http://www.grandmas.com/ItemBognerUberMetalGrill.html

or you could go to http://www.bogneramplification.com and check for your closest place that carries them. If you must hear it first it could be a problem for you. Most Uber owners are very happy. If you want a wickedly heavy tone you wont be disappointed.

Comment

The heavy sound in your head? Buy a Uber and matching cab. If cost is no option and you wanna sound heavy. Get the Uber. NO need to try it out first. It will crush, rest assured.

Comment

Uber is ungodly heavy.

Framus Cobra and matching cab is super heavy, sounds great at all volume levels. I got mine recently and I love it. No volume jumps either!

Comment

Just an update,

I ended up going and trying a whole slew of amps (Marshall, Mesa, Line 6, Peavey). Out of what I tried, at any dollar level, I thought the Peavey and the Line 6 sounded the heaviest, to me. Personally, thought the Marshalls sounded weak and ugly.

Then I plugged an HD147 into my Fender 4x12 and VOILA!! Instant heaven. Truth is, I always liked the Fender cab sound, but just couldnt get what I wanted without a head, and the only head they really make is the stage 100, which is absolutely ridiculously loud. Cant get it past 1 without shaking my house.

The HD sounds so sweet I cant even explain it. You can go from wonderful tweed to big thick rumble with the click of my mouse, as I run a midi setup to the amp, and with the deep edit program, the entire pallet of sounds are right there at your fingertips.

I had no need for the floorboard as I just play at home in my studio room.

So Jgcable, thanks for the advice, and thanks to everyone for their help. There is no doubt that there are better answers out there(Uber, etc...) but for my use, there really isnt a better setup.

As a side note, I have experimented with the Flextone III quite a few times before, and this is WORLDS away from that. There is no blanketed sound, it is very "present". The Vetta II was not there for me to try, but I couldnt have possibly been any happier with it. So chalk another one up for solid state, but remember, my thoughts could have or very well would have been different were I playing out. This is the ultimate $1000 + bedroom amp for sure.

Can someone host a picture or two for me?

Shawn in Tampa
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I will. Just email them to me at [email protected].

Cool!
            Keith
            The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Thanks Keith, I figured it out. Here ya go.:

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

When I first opened this thread I was going to suggest the Vetta but the HD is just as killer. I think it was a fine choice
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Another update,

Picked up a Marshall 1960av cab last nite, and (duh) now it is in stereo.

What a difference. This thing is way cool and sounds incredible.

If you hate line 6 stuff, try the HD147, it'll change your mind.

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

The HD or the Vetta 2 which has all the models etc. The HD has enough you just have more tweaks with teh Vetta. The new versions though are head and shoulders above the other stuff no question. Glad you enjoy it Shawn
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                    X