X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBE sonic maximizers

what do these do exactly?

Re: BBE sonic maximizers

They basicly delay the high frequencies, so they are out of phase so all the frequencies hit your ear at the same time.

At least that is my understanding of it.

Comment

Make 5150's sound a hell of alot better! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by PaddoK:
        Make 5150's sound a hell of alot better! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well THAT isn't much of a sales pitch for the 5150!
        [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I have a 422a that I have not used the past month. I wanted to get used to the amp without it, and I did, and I'm glad. But I haven't sold it yet... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I have a Mesa triaxis going into a Rocktron hush super c unit and then into a tc electronics g force into a mesa 290 power amp into 2 Mesa recto cabs.I had a bbe 422a hooked up in there also for a few years.I unhooked it a few months back and it was the best thing I ever did for my tone.Dont get me wrong they are a great unit for what they do,but if you dont need it stay away from it.JMO

Comment

I tried one through a JCM 800. It squashed the sound and compressed it too much. It also took some of the balls out of the volume. But I only dicked with it for 15 min. at a shop. Some people swear by them.

Comment

Argos pretty much has the idea on what they do. You really need to try one out if you have never tried one.
              www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

Parntz, I have the identical setup: Triaxis, G-Force, Simul 2:90, 2 Recto cabs w/ v30s. Thought about trying out a sonic maximizer but a couple of people have talked me out of it. Now I hear the same from you. I'm happy with the tone I have coming out so I'll just continue to run it as is.
                Tom

Comment

i won't use them for live sound. but seems like a great idea for recording bass guitar.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I use a BBE 462. It does enhance my sound especially on my clean channel. On the dirty channels, not too much of a difference. I just got a Aphex 104 and I'm going to try that to see what the difference is between the two.

joe...
                    www.godwentpunk.com
                    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Hey tmdiamond,I think the bbe took away a lot of the bottom end.I unhooked it 1 day just for the hell of it and couldnt believe the difference in the tone.If I were you I wouldnt even bother buying one.At least for our rigs.They may be great for certain applications,but not for ours.

Comment

I had one when I was using a 5150 and it opened the amp up.More botom end and a lot fuller sound.Now the 422a I had had been modded quite a bit and exactly what was done I don't know but it sounded great.I've got the small one (264) and run it in the FX bypass on my Johnson millenium 150.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                        X