Bass Amp help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Amp help??

I had a J-Station but I got rid of it when I got my Flextone HD. Currently I have a crap load of cabinets, the Flextone HD, a Peavey Transchorus 210 (a really nice amp BTW, 3 channels and everything from Roland JC120 to Peavey 5150), and a Peavey rack mount power amp in a road case.

Re: Bass Amp help??

I would suggest the SansAmp Bass Driver rackmount... very nice and not too much money. The only problem that you may have is that your poweramp may not be powerfull enough for bass in a live situation (depending on how hard your drooler, er drummer, hits the drums).
    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Bass Amp help??

I have a Peavey 60/60 power amp and a very nice friggin gigantic Sunn Coliseum bass cab with an 18 and a 12 in it. I would like to get a rack mount bass preamp or maybe a POD or Behringer type modeler to use with it. Any suggestions? Should I just scrap the power amp thing and get a bass head? What about a Sansamp Bass DI? V-amp2 Bass? Bass Pod? I currently give bass lessons along with guitar and piano lessons and there seems to be alot more work for bass players around here lately. Thanks in advance for the help. I don't have a clue when it comes to bass amps for live use.

Comment

Re: Bass Amp help??

John, you already got a J-station? I can't remember. If you do, try one of its bass models first.

If not, go getcha a black tuck and roll Kustom 100 head, with the matching 2x15 cab... oh no, wait... that was MY old bass rig.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Working...
        X