New Madison Tube Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Madison Tube Amps

Anyone try the New Madison Divinity tube amps, either the 100 watt head or the 1x12 60 watter? I was thinking about getting the 1x12 model and their prices are great and I love their guitar cabinets. Anybody have one yet and opinions? Jack.

Re: New Madison Tube Amps

Super Bump [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I may try their 1x12 Combo Tube amp, anyone have one of madisons tube amps? Jack.

Comment

What's the great price on those, Jack?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Their about $600 for a new 60 watt 1x12 all tube high gain combo, but get this, it has 3 channels and Reverb. Compare that to the Peavey Triple XXX 60 watt 1x12 at about $850-900. I beleive they are foreign made though, but if it is as good as my Madison 4x12 cabinet, I wouldn`t worry too much, my cab is huge and strong. Jack.

Comment

Don't know if this helps at all but here is an excerpt from Michael Romeo

Let's talk tech. What's your guitar setup these days?

Now, I'm in the middle of checking out different stuff. The Odyssey pretty much had the same thing: the ESPs, pretty standard Strat-style guitar. And this Engl amp I used on the album, too. Most stuff was that and a (Mesa/Boogie) Rectifier on some stuff, too. I also used Line 6 and started touring with the Line 6 Vetta for simplicity. It has all the delay and other stuff in there.

I was checking out that Engl amp. And I just got contacted from a company called Madison amps. A friend has one and was just raving about the thing. It's a real boutique thing, great in heavy and clean modes, too.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

There you go!! I think I will save for one. They also have the Divinity 100 head, all tubes and they are coming out very soon with a 100 watt tube amp based on the Rectifier. www.madisonspeakers,com Jack.

Comment

Jack,

I don't know that a Romeo endorsement does it for me... His playing is amazing but his tone has always lacked IMO
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

www.MadisonSpeakers.com

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ox

Comment

Working...
                X