Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get a good metal sound with pod2.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get a good metal sound with pod2.0?

How to get a good metal sound with pod2.0?
    i play melodic death metal...heavy metal..bodom metal..(lol)...yea..
    too many troubles using pod2....

Re: How to get a good metal sound with pod2.0?

Check out this link:

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/f0rb...ensionzero.mp3

That's me playing through my POD 2.0, if you like that sound let me know and I'll throw you my settings...

Comment

I've been getting great sounds out of mine - what amp models are you using?
      Try the British Hi Gain, Modern Hi Gain, and POD Crunch. Avoid the Rectified unless you like the sound of bees in a bottle [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      It's actually ok for leads, but blows ass for rhythms - no balls, just saturation.

Also, make sure you play around with the "hidden" knob functions mentioned in the manual (hold the Tempo button as you turn the Drive, Mid, or Treble knobs).

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I always use the Rectified one...I just keep the gain down. I also use the compressor, on the first setting where it's just barely on. Dumpy could you send me your settings if it's not too much trouble? I'm always hip to new sounds.

Comment

DumpyWumpy, I'd be interested in those settings as well. That had a really good sound to it.

Comment

I think the Pod 2.0 is supported by www.tonetransfer.com - it's line 6's online patch library. Avoid the line 6 patches, look for the ones that users like us have. I have a vetta upgraded to II specs, and there are some KILLER patches there.

FYI, the Pod 2.0 is a lot easier to get a metal sound out of than the XT or the Vetta, imho.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
              FYI, the Pod 2.0 is a lot easier to get a metal sound out of than the XT or the Vetta, imho.

Pete
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This has been my experience, too. I can go straight to the Modern Hi-Gain and do a couple of tweaks and there it is. I couldn't get a decent sound out of a Vetta or XT if my life depended on it.
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Try inszane setting low compression, drive around 3 oclock, Eq to taste. To keep the hiss odwn tweak the prescenc and the treble usually down with presance and up with the treble so you don't lose the bite and crunch. Just take out the hiss. There is also a noise supressor in there too. Use a bit of reverb to make it larger sounding and the recto cab to give it more bottom end. Works for me.
                Gil

Comment

DumpyWumpy, that song rips [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] !!! Great playing! Got any more?

Comment

Working...
                  X