Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good sounds out of a line6 spider 2?

Hmm.

Using a musicman silhouette direct into my spider 2, cant seem to get any really good metal tones.

Clean i have fine, but metal :/

With the insane model i get a kind of after fzzz when i hit notes etc, like id palm mute an open e and there'd be the 'thunk' but with an extra annoying 'fzz' after [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

The green metal i hear is the 'best' channel, i can get a goodish sound but it gets muddy with fast riffs and sounds weak when doing runs on the d to high e strings (especially with palm muting).

Anyone got any ideas for a decent starting tone to build from? I've used ones from guitar mags where they say 'use a rectifier type amp model and blah blah' and really it does sound shit most times.

Never ever been able to get a tone im satisfied with from any amp i've owned, its always a case of set it up, next day it sounds poor again [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: Good sounds out of a line6 spider 2?

Not to throw it in your face [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] , but my Spider II sounds awsome, and my tone is pretty consistant. Forget about what magazines tell you. Those dude's use different guitars, different pickups, all which will make a HUGE difference in your sound. Literally take one preset, and turn each knob one at a time and find your tone. Try different guitars if you can to see if u can find the right pickup combo, which might be part of the problem. Kinda simple advice, but hopefully it helps somewhat.

Good luck [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    - Irfaan -

Comment

Oh yah, about your tone being muddy, try rolling back your BASS knob. It worked for me, but u gotta have a lil patience and find the spot where it dosen't muddy up your sound and not lose it's balls

Comment

The green metal channel kicks ass. The mids have to be up to cut through, however.
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
        X