Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody use the Laney AOR 50/100 watt head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody use the Laney AOR 50/100 watt head?

Hey...in my search for my sound and tone I hear in my head, I have once again started looking.

I have heard a lot of good stuff about the Laney AOR 50 and 100 watt heads...with the push/pull pots etc.

Does anybody here have any experience with these puppies? I would actually rather have a 50 watter, but that is just me I guess.

Please, let me know what you think. Pro's/cons are appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Anybody use the Laney AOR 50/100 watt head?

Laneys sound pretty good but they are notorious for eating output transformers.
    Jerry
    FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Yeah,I had 2 Laney AOR 50 heads,one the OT blew and it would have cost too much to repair.They are awesome amps,similiar to a hot rod Marshall sound.There are 2 different models,the ones with the push/pull configuration are better IMO,two preamp stages I believe.The only problem with these amps is you really have to crank it to get it to sing,like most tube amps.If you are looking for one for live use,I would say definitely look into them.Also,they are insanely loud,sensitive amps.

Comment

do a search for "AOR" - there have been a number of threads here about these amps. By and large, the feedback seems very positive. I know this because I was just looking for info on them a week or so ago! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
        X