Volume Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Question

How loud do you need to crank an amp, let's say a Hot Rod 50, do get good saturation? I had mine up to "3" today, and it didn't sound like it was getting nearly enough gain. I know I need a Hot Plate, but I'm interested in knowing how loud this things gotta be before it starts to rip.

Re: Volume Question

If you're looking for power tube satutation, which I know you're not, about 6 and above on the Soldanos will start you down that road. Gain is preamp distortion and totally independent of volume. If you don't have enough gain out of an HR50, there's something wrong. We need to hook up.

I saw an earlier post asking about settings. Try this as guidelines: Pre on 7 (No More!), bass on 6, mids on 4, treble 5, presence around 7.

The sweet spot on Soldanos controls all seem to be "7" on the pot. That's where it either really starts to get it, or becomes stupid. Don't dime anything!

Comment

Re: Volume Question

Me, dime any of the knobs? Come on, this is the "Dimemaster" you're talking to. I'll try your settings, and go from there. I'll have to wait until tomorrow, my neighbors just calmed down from this afternoon. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X