Reputable Amp Repair (Phoenix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reputable Amp Repair (Phoenix)

My Randall RG100ES had been acting up for awhile and finally decided to go on vacation.I don't know why it quit working! Its been working great since 1977. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] almost 30 years.
    Anyhow who do you guys like and trust to do your electronic repairs out here in the Phoenix area?

P.S. ......it's a solid state amp head

Re: Reputable Amp Repair (Phoenix)

Anyone?
    Nor,Chuckracer,Kevhog,GuitarLawyer....anyone in phoenix area have any sugestions or good experience anywhere?

Comment

Nope, I'm at a stumper there as well. Between myself and a friend of mine, we had four heads that needed bias adjustments. Everybody we called quoted a two week minimum turnaround, which is BS. The head is going to sit on a shelf for two weeks or more before someone grabs it a does a ten minute bias job on it.
      This town desperatly needs someone.

The two main guys in town were M-Tronics and Krank. Tony Krank is no longer doing repairs and is referring everybody to M-Tronics, so now Mike is swamped.

Mike at M-Tronics has done quality work for me in the past, so if you're not in a hurry, I guess I'd go to him.

Comment

Thanks Chuck, glad to see your out and about again.I know you've been out of the hospital for a little while now.Try and stay outa there!,can't be much fun.
        I have another amp (Mesa) I use so I guess I'll give Mike a call and see what's up.It's pretty sad huh...the metro area is 3&1/2 million people and lacking in this one service area.Looks like a great buisness oppertunity for someone.I know there are a lot of electronic repair shops, just no amp or music related ones that I could find.

Comment

Yeah, tell me about it! I live in the Phoenix area too,(nearly 30 years now) and finding someone to work on your amp with a quick-turnaround rate (who's also AFFORDABLE as well), is next to impossible here! City this big without any such musician's support, well that's just a SIN! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

You might want to try and locate a guy who does custom amp building out of basement type of deal.
            Usually they do contract work for music stores and still do repair work for individuals. If you can find such a guy, their turnaround is usually days instead of weeks as they can probably sneak ya in the customer line.
            Something along this maybe? I've never done business with them myself as I do not live in the area, but they may have a quicker turnaround.

McKerrihan Guitars / Glen E. McKerrihan / 534 W. Almeria / Phoenix, AZ 85003 / 602-363-9913 / Specialty - Guitar

[ March 21, 2004, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

? Who's he? Where did you get this info? What more info is there?

Comment

Well, I'm just making a comparison to my own personal situation. We have a couple major repair outlets here in the TC, but instead of waiting 3 weeks and up to two months to get my amps back from service I was left with seeking other options.

The guy I sought here (Tim Van Tassel of Van Amps) did custom amp building in his basement and he did repairs on the side. I always got a decent bench price of 30-35/hr and the work was done in hours, maybe a week at the outside.

So I just translated that to your area.. there's gotta be someone who custom builds amps other than Tony Krank.
                I typed in/looked up 'custom guitar amplifiers phoenix'
                the browser and this popped up as a place where you may be able to go for repairs..or you can apply that idea as such as you know your own area better than me.

I have a old high school guitar buddy who lives in Mesa, I can see if his email still works.. I haven't spoken with him in a couple years though. Last HS reunion I believe was that long ago.

Comment

Working...
                X