Ernie Ball Volume Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernie Ball Volume Pedal

I just got one of these and in the heel down position, there is still the slightest bit of volume comeing through until you actually put your foot on it and push it hard .

As soon as you take your foot off the pedal pops back slightly and the volume comes through again.

Is this normal or should it just be totally off in the heel down position without having to push it all the way down. There is this rubber washer that the pedal rests against when heel down and I am just wondering if it isn't letting the pedal all the way down.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Ernie Ball Volume Pedal

I've got the same problem with a really old Dunlop High Gain Volume Pedal. I don't know if it's supposed to have a minimum gain feature or not. There's a little piece of felt under the heel, but I don't think taking that off would help, as it's not as thick as a rubber washer that's normally found on them. I think if you take the rubber piece off of yours, it should probably help. I don't think there should be any sound at all when it's totally in the down position. I don't use mine that much, but it doesn't really bother me when I do.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe,

I did just that and took off the rubber washer, and it's fine now, I don't know if that was supposed to be there or not but it's gone now [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Cool deal! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I think those things are supposed to be there, just like on wah pedals. Though, I've heard of people taking them off on wah pedals to get a wider tone range.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
        X