Solid State Amps Your Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solid State Amps Your Opinions?

The same thing happened to me that happened to Pete (Twisteramps). I played a gig with my 1st gen Flextone HD and a Randall 4 x 12 cabinet. The other guitar player was playing a Triple Rectifier half stack and another band had 2 5150 half stacks. I got numerous complements on my sound from everybody including the crowd, the sound man and the other guitar players. My sound totally cut through and sounded perfectly mixed. I was playing an Ibanez USRG20TP with a Steve's Special and an Air Norton in it. I was using nothing but the Flextone, the longboard and the cabinet.

Comment

The other guitar player was playing a Triple Rectifier half stack and another band had 2 5150 half stacks. I got numerous complements on my sound from everybody including the crowd, the sound man and the other guitar players. My sound totally cut through and sounded perfectly mixed. I was playing an Ibanez USRG20TP with a Steve's Special and an Air Norton in it. I was using nothing but the Flextone, the longboard and the cabinet.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If I was one of the guitarists from the other band, I would probably kill you! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

I own a Randall Rh200SC and it halls ass. I play mostly technicle/brutal death metal, however the thing has a pretty good classic distortion channel that can do everything from blues to classic metal. My only beef is the clean channel is a bit lacking in a nice warm tone, but the amp isn't really made for the cleans so i don't give a shit. I owuld recomend it over the peaveys because they are pretty similar, except the randall is like $200 cheaper.

Comment

Working...
        X