I got my Mark Cameron Marshall back today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my Mark Cameron Marshall back today

Just got the amp back from Mark, and it is amazing. Mark put some blood and tears into this one. I am still having fun with it. A full review to come.....

Re: I got my Mark Cameron Marshall back today

I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

yeah, me too.

Comment

Cool man!

Le us now what you think after the honey moon. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't keep us waiting... for too long.

Comment

Well I have spent 2 days with this amp and I have to say it is a tone machine. I also have a Bogner XTC and an Uber. The Cameron modified Marshall fits right in between them. This head is a Marshall 1959 plexi reissue. I had Mark put in his high gain or Doug Aldrich mod. I also had Mark go nuts by putting an additional master and gain control, a Depth knob, and a six position switch that changes the power amp section. While Mark had the amp he also put in a Style knob which changes the preamp gain from a JCM 800 sound to a tight Uber/Recto sound. And last but not least while he was tweaking the amp he found a sweet compression spot and added a on/off switch for it. This added feature is really cool for leads and I think it is so cool that he had never done this one before. Kind of that Mesa Mark 2c+ sound. And of course he added a tube buffered effects loop which is very transparent.

Overall this head is very flexable. I told Mark to give me an amp that sounded like Godzilla having sex and that is exactly what he did. This amp does not have a true clean channel, but I didn't want that for this head anyway. The amp does clean up very nice with the guitar volume rolled back while keeping the harmonics. The flexability and tone this amp delivers is just short of orgasmic!

The only downfall I can report at this time is the head is a little noisy. But most high gain monsters are. I used to have a Lee Jackson XLS head and that head was noisy as well. But a good hush fixes that problem with no ease.

I will post some pics of the amp soon....

Comment

Hey Tim!,
              If you don't mine telling, could you please let us know what Mark charges for a mod of that nature? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              Sounds like in might have cost two arms and three legs!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Thanks!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, it sounds like he rebuilt that amp. Is there a way we can hear some samples?

Comment

The mod costed $550. Mark worked out a deal with me on the effects loop because of the wait time. It is funny I have never posted any sound clips before. I will be learning more on how to do this and I will post some clips when that time comes. If anyone is interested in getting a mod done by Mark shoot me a pm or email and I will give you my # and I can do a over the phone demo for now.

Comment

Comment

I'm very interested to hear how you like it. I can't wait to hear about it. Love to hear it over the phone, too!

I've got a JCM800 50 watt coming back with the Jose mod! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Tim is the coolest!! Thanks for the over phone demo... I'm convinced. Guys - this amp even sounds good over the phone !
                        Thanks again - and I'll look you up in Atlanta in Sept, and first round is on me ...

Comment

Wayne you are very welcome! I spoke to Mark last night over the phone and he said he will call you. Let me know if you don't hear from him by Monday. He is trying to finish a couple more amps ans was quite busy last night. He is taking more amps to be modded so good luck and just tell him you want the Krueger mod...ha ha. If you want to know anything else just give me a ring.

Comment

That looks like one killer Marshall head and one killer setup you have there Tim!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            I might have to get your no. so I can hear that beast!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Tim -
                              Thanks again bro! I'll let you know if I hear from him....

Comment

Working...
                              X