Marshall 1960b vs 1960bv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 1960b vs 1960bv

I'm looking into a 4x12 cabnet and really would like a Marshall. I'm wondering what the big difference in sound between these 2 casb are? I know the bv has vintage 30's in it but is the $$$ difference going to be worth it. Every guitar shop has the 1960b in stock but don't seem to carry the 1960bv so doing a comparison for now is out. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Re: Marshall 1960b vs 1960bv

I bouht a 1960B and I stuck 2 vinatge 30´s in it leaving 2 75watts celestions. Sounds goooood!

Comment

The standard B cab has 75 watt Celestions, the BV has Vintage 30s. They sound different and you'd really have to play both to know which one you like.
      The 75's are probably a better metal speaker, the 30s more of an all round good speaker.
      Hopefully someone here can elaborate further.

Comment

never player v30s but the standart 75w celestions sound pretty...umm...hard to explain...there is some hiss going on which makes the high end/high midrange pretty harsh imo.

afaik the v30s sound better for lead playing but are great rythm speakers, too. and everyone says they dont have the harsh high end the 75s have.

greets
        fragle

Comment

Working...
        X