Solo booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo booster

Anyone know a decent pedal that I can get for boosting solos into oblivion?

I'm thinking of getting a Laney LC-30 and I want something that will really help my solos cut through the mix....for cheap (UK pounds please) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

At the moment Ive been looking at the Ibanez TubeScreamer Re-issues, The Boss DS-1 (orange one) and the Boss SD-1 (the yellow one which I don't particularly want due to a friend having one and I don't want a tone like his)

Andy!

Re: Solo booster

The Tube Screamer would be cool. Or DOD's version which is called the Juice Box. They're discontinued, but they can be found via ebay or some other stores if you look around. I've got two of them and love them! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What kinda tone do they give?

Comment

What about an MXR of some kind?

Andy!

Comment

An MXR would probably be fine, too, like their Micro Amp. I'm not real familiar with their pedals, though.
          I guess your best bet would be to look around and test a few different kinds of pedals to see if they do what you like.

The DOD has a great tone with bass and treble controls, and it seems to have a very slight mid range boost built in. They sound pretty good by themselves into a clean amp, but since it's an overdrive pedal, it's made to be used in an already distorted amp to give a boost anywhere from mild to wild! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X