Peavey Triple XXX recomendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Triple XXX recomendations?

Hey everyone, I finnaly got a Peavey Triple XXX, and I'm thrilled with it. It does Megadeth very well, which is my personal and my bands style. I can obtain a very close Marty Friedman lead tone.

Anyways, what tubes do you guys prefer in these babies? I've still got the stock 6L6GC's in there. I'm thinking about EL34's. If you suggest them, what brand? What's great about this amp is that Peavey picked the two common tube types that have many branch offs to use for this amp.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Peavey Triple XXX recomendations?

a lot of people choose the 34l's from groove tubes, seem to be some high quality glass peices

Comment

also, congrats on a great buy, I am hoping to get one soon!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Got mine this past Thursday: I don't think I've bathed, shaved, or left the house since.

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

yeah, ever since "the man" came made it so electricity and water killed people musicians have been smelling worse and worse, oh well its worth it

Comment

You are going to be totally happy with the XXX. Most bang for your buck. I love mine. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

This says a little about the tubes

http://www.peavey.com/media/pdf/revi...ipleXXX212.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys!

I'm tellin' ya, I can't imagne it getting any better then this, the tones are unbelievable! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

One thing that seemed to help my amp out alot was running a 7-band EQ in the effects loop and only flatting the high freq. around 3200Hz and 6400Hz, and boosting the level just a bit; no other ajustments then that. But, thats probably a personal thing, as I've always thought the high freq. on all Peavey's were a little weird.

As for tubes, I'll probably try out EL-34's next tube change.

Thanks again, everyone!

Comment

I'm interested to see how good the new JS signature head from Peavey is going to be. Supposed to be out in April?

Comment

Anyone who'd like to hear a clip, I just posted a clip of my new Triple XXX that I recorded today in the MP3 section. Check it out! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd recommend the JJEL34s....completely change the amp for the better IMO. More singing type tone and thickened the amp too. Just overall better...but make sure to get the amp biased properly...that makes a big difference at medium to high volumes.

Comment

Working...
                      X