Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with any 4x10 guitar cabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have experience with any 4x10 guitar cabs?

I know Marshall made a 4x10 in the '80s, and Mesa makes a 4x10 Rectifier cab. From the Mesa site:

"4x10 Rectifier Cabinet featuring a Tuned, Semi-Open Back Cabinet,which provides just the right amount of vintage 4x10 sparkling ambience while adding a touch of low end punch!

Additional Features:
    4x10, 100 Watts, 4 - Jensen Vintage Alnico Speakers, 8 Ohms

25" x 24 1/2" x 10 3/4" 54lbs."

I've got a Mesa F-30 1x12 combo with Celestion Vintage 30 speaker that I'm looking to hook up to an extension cabinet. Would this 4x10 cab work well? Or can anyone give me their opinion on 4x10s vs. 4x12s? Thanks!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Anyone have experience with any 4x10 guitar cabs?

i think the main difference is that the 4x10 will give you more mids, the only guitarrist that i remember that uses 4x10 is morello, but its a peavey cab so i dont know a shit about the mesa stuff

Comment

I had a Marshall 4x10 for years and loved it. It had a wonderful sound. I tried the Boogie 4x10 and it didn't have the sweet midrange of the Marshall...JMHO

Comment

Thanks, guys! I'll have to look around and see if I can find either of the two to try out.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had a custom built 410 back in the day (late 80's) and it sounded great. Try building one, it's not hard and you will save money.
          I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Working...
          X