Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No good?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/480688/

its for 200 bucks, what if i get like a blue voodoo to hook up to it?

people seem to like it.

Re: No good?

Behringer suck. They suck in a way that they are not even good for the money. Try to find at the least a Marshall with celestions.

rich

Comment

I've seen beat up Marshall cabs for $300 around here... get a used cab locally. then you're also not having to deal with shipping issues, and you can check the cab out with your amp.

Pete

Comment

Steve (Severed Serenity) uses a Behringer cab and says it's pretty good. Not sure what model he has, though.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you want to buy a Behringer cab try to find the one with Jensen speakers

Comment

Behringer = Made in China [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The 4x12's are okay. (I'm assuming that's what you're looking at, I have an extremely slow connnection and I am too lazy to open that window!) As for gigging, they'll hold up for a while. I would use it as a get-me-by until I can get a better one, but that's it. Get the Jensen speaker loaded cabs. Don't even think about this cab in the studio though. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So are Celestions.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So are Celestions. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The good Celestions are still made in the UK. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I love china and their sideways vaginas.

Comment

I like vertical smiles better than horizontal ones. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

If $200 is your absolute budget, buy something used locally, that you can play through with your head first.

For $200 you could get a decent used Randall or Carvin 412, maybe even Celestion-loaded if you're lucky. Used Peavey 412s also go in that range and might be the ticket, at least more recent ones.

If you buy by mail order and don't like it, you'll pay freight on the return, which will be a lot more than with a guitar or even a head. That would be a drag.

Go to all your local music stores and pawnshops and see what's out there. Remember that price is subject to negotiation; don't be afraid to haggle.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X