General problems, HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General problems, HELP!

First is there any markings on power tubes so that I can take the 2 that I have and just get 2 more without having my amp rebiased?

Second, I need to run my volme pedal in the FX loop cause it just sucks the tone terribly running in the front. Does it matter where I have it in the FX loop, like before or after the BBE or hush?

And third, My wha pedal was makeing a terrible humming sound while I had it engaged. It's a Bad horsie and it didn't make the sound until after it was pressed down a bit. The noise was louder that the guitar itself. It did this once before about 2 years ago and then stopped till now. Could it be that the power adapter is now in contact with the cable comeing from the volume pedal or is that nonsense?
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: General problems, HELP!

In response to your first question...generally, no, power tubes won't have markings that indicate what bias settings they work with. Exceptions include Groove Tubes and tubes sold through tubestore.com, which are rated and numbered so, theoretically, if you already had those in an amp you could replace them with a set of the same "rating." However, bias can drift around a bit and you generally need to consider it regardless of which tubes you install.

Comment

Working...
    X