Genz Benz 2x12 G flex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genz Benz 2x12 G flex

Just took a look at Genzbenz.com and noticed that the George Lynch 2x12 isn't on there anymore just a non sig G flex. I called Genz Benz and they said George is no longer an endorsee. Specs stay the same on the cab just no more George Lynch. I also called Musicians Friend to see if there were any blowouts on the Lynch cabs they have in stock and the sales guy said they weren't aware of the George Lynch sig being discontinued. Maybe there will be a blowout in the future but who knows? I did find out that Musicians friend will hose you $80.00 to ship a 2x12 as they say it's too big & heavy to ship UPS. So much for the free shipping on orders over $299.00

Re: Genz Benz 2x12 G flex

well if the specs on the regular G-flex 212 and the GL sig 212 are the same, who really GAFF if they discontinued it? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I can sign a G-flex cab for ya if ya want [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

seriously though, I need to try one of these. maybe with an ENGL blackmore head... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

Yeah, it's no skin off of my back if Lynch's sig isn't on there. I just figured there might be some good deals on them if they decide to blow them out.

Comment

[img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] sarcasm mode on [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        So does that mean the Lynch Signature cabs will go up in value?
        [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] sarcasm mode off [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Heh. Will they be cheaper now that GL's name isn't on it?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I doesn't matter if GL sig is not in the back as long as the design stays the same IMHO.

I have been in getting one of those and noticed the same thing on MF, no free shipping even though it is above $299, not even a discount.

Oh well.

Joe
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Hopefully they come down in price, I've got three of them and they CRUSH for all purposes, especially live.
              The only weakness that I think they have is when micing the cabinet to record with. I couldn't get a good tone that way to save my life and ended up going back to my Legacy 4x12 with Celestions for mic'd recording.

Comment

I have just e-mailed my local store enquiring about price for a G-flex 212. I was just about to post a new thread regarding the ENGL Blackmore sig + G-Flex coupling, when I saw your post Derek [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'm planning to move and get a new band going, so I need a new rig for rehearsing+gigs.
                If I decide on the Blackmore then I'd probably go for the G-flex 212 along with it, as I've read nothing but great things about Genz-Benz.
                Still, I have a small concern that the ENGL 4x12 might be better suited, since it's probably voiced specifically for the amp? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Thanks for the input! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

Originally posted by Rune The Axeman:
                  well if the specs on the regular G-flex 212 and the GL sig 212 are the same, who really GAFF if they discontinued it? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  I can sign a G-flex cab for ya if ya want [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

seriously though, I need to try one of these. maybe with an ENGL blackmore head... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

- Rune.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a clip of my Blackmore using a Genz Benz 2x12 G Flex here.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000015250.mp3

I also offer free shipping on the G Flex's guy's. The BS that MF say's about UPS or Fed Ex not accepting them cause they are too big is not true at all.In fact I put the cab in a bigger box so it's doubled for extra protection and still don't have a problem.

Derek

Derek

Comment

I have just e-mailed my local store enquiring about price for a G-flex 212. I was just about to post a new thread regarding the ENGL Blackmore sig + G-Flex coupling, when I saw your post Derek [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'm planning to move and get a new band going, so I need a new rig for rehearsing+gigs.
                    If I decide on the Blackmore then I'd probably go for the G-flex 212 along with it, as I've read nothing but great things about Genz-Benz.
                    Still, I have a small concern that the ENGL 4x12 might be better suited, since it's probably voiced specifically for the amp? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Thanks for the input! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

- Rune.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They are both great cab's but with the Blackmore I prefer the G Flex!!

Derek

Comment

cool, thanks man! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      I'm gonna try the Blackmore tomorrow for the second time...then I'll see what happens. I won't have a chance to try it with genz-benz though but I'll bring my axe at least. I'll probably save some dough on the G-flex 212 rather than engl 412 as well so it seems like a great deal.

- Rune.

Comment

OK, I went and tried the Blackmore head today for the second time. It was hooked up to an ENGL vintage 4x12 cab. I love the versatility of this amp! I can get a good clean sound, good "gritty" blues or little more drive and you got AC/DC nailed, and also flat out heavy and defined metal sound as well! It's not oversaturated in the gain department but I don't need that over-the-top type thing either. It also seems to be pretty good even when not pushing the power-amp at all.
                        I also really like the versatility you get with the midi footswitch.
                        I haven't gotten a price quote on the G-flex yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go for the ENGL RB head. The dealer wanted $1700 for it but I think I can get my local dealer to go a bit lower since I do a lot of business with him and help him out sometimes.

Anyway..hopefully the G-flex will prove an even more impressive combination with the Blackmore for metal sounds! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

The dealer wanted $1700 for it but I think I can get my local dealer to go a bit lower since I do a lot of business with him and help him out sometimes.

Anyway..hopefully the G-flex will prove an even more impressive combination with the Blackmore for metal sounds! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

- Rune.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Rune, Are you in Europe? You say that your dealer quoted you $1700 and if you are in the USA that is above list and over $400 more than what I sell them for. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Anyway like I said before the Engl is a fine cab but I really like the G Flex better with the Blackmore it's just a great match.

Good Luck,
                          Derek

Derek

Comment

yes I'm Norwegian! maybe I should change to the vikingship avatar, but I think Paddok got that one already [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the tip. Have you tried the GenzBenz El Diablo head? It looks like a good contender to the Blackmore, maybe even for a little less $$$...

- Rune.

Comment

yes I'm Norwegian! maybe I should change to the vikingship avatar, but I think Paddok got that one already [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the tip. Have you tried the GenzBenz El Diablo head? It looks like a good contender to the Blackmore, maybe even for a little less $$$...

- Rune.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes I have played it and it's not what I like for a Metal amp but makes for a cool rock amp and has a nice clean channel.

IMO Engl's rule for the music I like to play.

Derek

Comment

Working...
                              X