Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between Dual and Triple rectifier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Dual and Triple rectifier?

According to my research, they both yeild the same number of channels. The only differences that I've found are that the Triple has a few more tubes and is more powerful. I would think that there are a few more tubes only because it is a little more powerful. Hmmm... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Difference between Dual and Triple rectifier?

The dual is 100 watts, the triple 150 watts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
      The dual is 100 watts, the triple 150 watts.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep. The Dual has 4 6L6 power tubes, the Triple has 6 6L6 tubes.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

...and putting them side-by-side at the same volume, the triple is a little more agressive sounding. I think it's due to the increased headroom of the 150 watts vs. 100 watts, but I don't really know. The triple sounds a bit more imediate to me, not much but a little.
        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

If I recall correctly, Mesa told us (Matt and I) that the Triple's driver circutry is slightly different than the Dual, which was the reason we both bought them - Tien thought we'd like the aggressiveness better.

I will say that the Triple does have a more aggressive "edge" to it than the Dual does, IMO.

Of course, it's also heavier, and more expensive to re-tube. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Mike
          Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

as far as my experience goes and as far as i know the triple is better if you play low tuned (baritone, 7 string or whatever) because its clearer. on the other hand, the dual is a bit sweeter (not as agressive...like stated above) and easier to get into power tube saturation territory....but if thats your goal better use the single, because even the 50 watt single is damn loud [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] so imagine 100 or even 150 watt [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

speaking of ultra high wattage: anyone tried the crate BV 300 watt head (all tube)? should be insanely loud ^^ but the LOUDEST thing i ever heard was some speed metal band that ocassionaly plays near my hometown....their lead guitar player uses a jmp1 (if i recall correctly....not sure, maybe it was an ada preamp) into a strategy 500 poweramp into 4 412 cabs. thats insanely loud.

greets
            fragle

Comment

Working...
            X