Carvin 4x12 with Carvin Gt12 speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin 4x12 with Carvin Gt12 speakers

I´m probably going for a Carvin standard 4x12 with Carvin Gt12 speakers with my Engl Powerball. I´ve heard that the Carvin GT12 speakers are supposed to sound alot like Vintage 30´s. Has anyone here tested them? Also, do you know if it is a 3/4 birch cab or poplar?

Thanka! /Niclas

Re: Carvin 4x12 with Carvin Gt12 speakers

Not familiar with that speaker; I have an old X-Series 412 with MagnaLab speakers, which were rebranded Eminences like they have always been. That is, I believe that all Carvin-branded speakers have been made for them by Eminence, to mimic Celestions, Jensens, etc... They may have changed the specs from time to time though. My cabinet is made of birch plywood, but they currently use poplar plywood I believe.

Best thing is to check it out personally before buying. I really like mine but as you know personal taste differs. I assume it's used due to your location, or does Carvin ship to Europe?

Side by side, my X-412 straight cab sounded as good as my Marshall 1960B Classic with Greenback repros did; rather cleaner than the Celestions, but then the 25s are meant to break up at lower volumes. I prefer my distortion from my preamp and amp rather than from my speakers though.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X