Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with some knowledge on keyboard amps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with some knowledge on keyboard amps...

thinking of investing in a keyboard amp, using a digitech rp200 w/dk2, trying to stay under $200 what's the best in that range? H-C doesn't have alot of reviews for keyboard amps. any help as always... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Re: help with some knowledge on keyboard amps...

You're going to have a hard time keeping the price that low unless you're buying used. Some folks don't like Behringer, but I know a guy who uses their KX1200 and thinks highly of it. It sells for around $300 and doubles as a small PA, which might come in handy. I'm thinking of eventually picking one up myself.
    sigpic

Comment

just noticed a kustom kpa804 pa pkg for $225. any use this set up? (by the way this is for home use only, but reliability is a factor too) [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
      Amp... Pioneer
      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I wouldn't count on Behringer at all for larger venues. If you're doing small clubs it will do just fine. Most of the Behringer amps that I've played have been quite buzzy. As for keeping the price under $200, good luck. As stated previously, try buying second hand. I am a firm believer in Peavey amps. Rock solid motherfuckers, do not break down, and the tone is unbeatable for the dollar.

Keyboard amps are usually the more expensive area of instrument amplifiers. My theory on this one is that the amps must be specially designed to cover all frequencies. There are many different voices on a keyboard, and the frequencies are all over the place. For a bass amplifier, you want the focus on the low end, and for a guitar amplifier, you'd want the focus on the mids and highs and not so much lows. The keyboard amp has to go all over the frequency spectrum. The second reason, IMO, is that they have more input channels. They are basically there own PA.

Comment

Dont know much about keyboard amps myself, butI have read good things about the Roland KC series (150, 300, etc). I know MF and AMS carry them.

Comment

Working...
          X