Best combo amp is....?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best combo amp is....?????

Carvin makes nice amps. On the higher end, Bogner and Mojave I believe are the best amps I've heard, but they are kind of expensive.

Comment

I was playing through one of the newer Peavey transtube amp the other day. I think it was a 1X12. It was two channel, but had a switch for modern and vintage, so it was kind of like 3 channels. It sounded pretty good at low levels as well. Just as a reference I was playing a predator through it. I remember one settign had a nice huge crunchy sound and the other had that compressed, tubey sound. I'm no tone critic, but it sounded good to my ears, and seemed very versatile. My first amp was a peavey Rage 108-that amp kicked arse and was loud as hell for a 1X8 practice amp. It was louder than my old Gibson tube amp which is like 25 watts, I believe.

Comment

I've owned several Peaveys in the past:
        Rage, Studio Pro 40, Renoun (wow), Bandit 75, they all were great. The old Fender M-80's are killer too. Right now I play through a Randall RG100SC and I can not say enough about it. It's a 212 with built in stereo chorus and plenty of balls. They're not that expensive either.
        I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy:
          Plus the glowing valves look pretty.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">and that's what really matters! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

BTW, I have a Peavey Transchorus 210 combo. It is a 3 channel amp with reverb and chorus. It has 2 25 watt power amps in stereo. IMHO, it is very similar to an XXL but in a smaller package. Great clean and great 5150 type gain. 2 x 10"'s blue marvels. Great little combo suitable for practice or small gigs.

Comment

If you're looking to spending some cash, try the Engl Screamer 50... it's full valves and it's great...

Comment

Working...
              X